We stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of July. Everything went according to our expectations based on TA reviews. The hotel is huge and is one of the 4 hotels of the Bahia Principe complex.
We had contracted the Royal Golden upgrade and were lodged in Villa number 66, which is the one just in front of the beach (our room 6602 was on the ground floor, literally on the beach sand). This location is perfect if you plan to go the the beach very often, but if you mainly plan to go on excursions, either organized or on your own taking the local buses 'colectivos', you'd better ask for a villa closer to the hotel's reception or be lodged at Bahia Principe Coba, which is cheaper and closer to the main Riviera Maya road. Notwithstanding this, distance is not a problem because there are little trains continuously connecting the different hotel receptions and even Royal Golden rooms with reception (operative as of 7am every day).
With Royal Golden we had some additional advantadges such a separate check in-check out reception (appreciated when you arrive to the hotel very late at night tired after a long flight as it was our case), beach towels in the room, 24 hour room sevice to ask for food and 4 à la carte dinners. We tried the Mikado (japanese, which turned to be our favorite), La Gran Tortuga (Brazilian tipical rodizio, but not as good as the real Brazilian ones), Tequila (mexican, quite disappointig) and Arlequin (more intimate atmosphere).
The Bahia Principe complex is very well located for visiting main Riviera Maya attractions (Tulum, Xel-há, Cobá, etc). Don't miss a visit to Akumal beach (very near to Bahia Principe) to see the turtles!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe