My family and i just got back from a two week stay here and ive got to say it was fantastic. We had an upgrade to the golden club which meant on arrival we were whisked off by one of the golf carts to a smaller lobby for quick check in and drinks with canopes and then to our room.
Our room had 2 queen sized beds and a sofa bed, LG tv which showed non stop movies in english, mimi fridge which was stocked daily free of charge, whirlpool bath and shower and even bath robes and slippers.
The resort set amongst lush green jungle was spotless and although its huge there are tons of carts transporting people from place to place every couple of minutes.
Once you get your barings its quite easy to take short cuts to get around and so it didnt seem as big.
Food was splendid and always something for everyone to enjoy and the a la carte resteraunts were really amazing especially Mikado and the italian.
Beaches are beautifull and a walk in either direction from coba beach brings you to some lovely places to relax away from the sun lounger crews.
Take a walk to the right of the beach beyond the resort boundary and you will feel like you are walking in the prehistoric age with the natural landscape of rocks and jungle side by side and eventually you will end up at the best beach ever. We were lucky enough to have this beach to ourselves each time we went and i can only describe it as paradise complete with turtles.
We did a trip to chichen itza which is about 2 hrs away by coach but well worth it. We also did a trip to cancun for captain hooks pirate ship, this was brilliant for all the family and ends in a three ship battle in the sea like pirates of the caribbean, great fun and surf n turf and drinks are also included.
Its a must to visit one of the many eco theme parks as they are amazing with lots to see and do, we went to Xcarat park and swam in caves which is very adventuous for me!
I cannot find anything to moan about we had a ball and i would recommend this hotel everytime.
Mexico is rich with culture and there is plenty of historical sites if you like that kind of thing but equally if relaxing by a pool or beach is your thing you will be spoilt for choice, playa del carmen is only a short ride away and there is a large public beach with waters teaming with fish, baracuda and stingray as well as tutles, there are plenty of dive centres where you can hire scuba gear or snorkelling gear so you can get up close and personal with the sea life.
I had a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe