My husband and I stayed at the Bahia Principe Akumal from January 29th to February 5th and have no regrets at all in choosing this resort.
I have read several other reviews and have these points to make:
- yes the pool was cold but then again they are not heated articially so when the temperature goes down at the night so does the temperature of the pool water. Note my sister stayed at another resort and their pool was also cold.
- the beaches are a bit rocky but were well groomed; if you had aqua shoes you will have no problems at all; my husband and I walked up and down the beach for hours.
- we had no problems with the restaurant service: in fact, we can say that it would hard to receive this level of service even in our own town
- the food was excellent (both at the a-la-carte and buffet restaurants) and so diverse that I don not understand anyone who could not find anything they liked
- our room was cleaned prompted everyday in the morning between 10h30 - 11h00 ( our choice) and our frig was also stocked up with all drinks and goodies we wish to have; 4 1-litre bottles of water are left everyday
- the reception and the staff were always helpful and we had no problems while we were there for money change, room service, transportation, etc.
- it is clearly marked in the travel documentation that certain activities were extra costs so it should not be a surprise to you
- location is great as we went everywhere using the public transport (Tulum, Xel-Ha and Turtle Bay) which was cheaper and more fun than taking a taxi
Remember to bring something warm to wear as it does get a little chilly at night.
In summary, remember you are on vacation and in a different country so don't expect everything to be exactly like home. We had an excellent time and would recommend this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe