We arrived late and ended up in the wrong lobby. We were suppose to be in the Royal Golden Club Lobby. The bell boy quickly loaded our lugguge into the golf cart and transported us to the RGC lobby. We were greated with smiles and drinks. When we arrived to our room I was so happy to see that the room had a king size bed, a double bed for my 14 yr old and and the sofa made up into a single bed for my 8 yr old. Already made up and ready, they had thought of all the details. Our room was cleaned and stocked daily. We were on the 2nd floor close to the ocean so we had a very quiet room with no noise from neighbors.
The resort is perfect. Lots of trees with great landscaping. You can see the ocean from the pools. The ocean has sands bags which blocks alot of the waves so swimming is safe for kids. The snorkleing is great right off the Alumal beach. Take you water shoes as there are some rocks and corel. I was able to see may fish I had not seen before. We loved the A La Carts. The Mikado was the best. Each night after dinner we drove on the golf carts around to the other 2 sections, Coba and Tulum. I believe that the Akumul section has the best pools and beach as we love to snorkel. We plan on going back. I would recommend this resort to anyone. We have been to DR and Cuba and always stay 5 star. This resort tops them all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe