5,944 results
All reviews sushi bar akumal bay one man band paddle boarding fidelity club lobby bar beach manager yoga classes fish gourmet restaurant the penthouse jacuzzi on the balcony sea turtles sushi chef main pool brazilian steakhouse stayed in building
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Came to akumal for our honeymoon, food was amazing, staff were really welcoming, hotel was very clean, lots of things to do including paddle boarding, snorkling with turtles on the beach and especially yoga with Christopher who was absolutely great and kept us entertained even when it rained for the first few days of our trip!

We thoroughly enjoyed our honeymoon thanks akumal!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJH1004
ABBWR, Guest Relations Manager at Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear SJH1004,

We would like to thank you for the kind comments, we are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope you found in Akumal Bay - Beach & Wellness Resort the perfect spot for your next vacation, we are “your home under the sun”.

Looking forward to seeing you again anytime soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Good family time, a lot of fun and so nice weather is what we got in this place, no complains, and so much happiness was what we got for staying a week in this hotel in Mexico.

A big surprise was for us to discover the wonders of this beautiful country, we could see a lot of turistic places since the hotel is located very close to them. it was wonderful to spend so much time doing nothing with a very special attention towards all of us always with a smile.

I don´t know if was bad luck but I must say tha the food in the buffet almost always found cold.
The beach is beautiful but it has some parts where you have to wear beach shoes because it has rocks, however there are other parts where it is only sand and it´s wonderful.

A lot of seeweed were flooding the beach, however all day every day there were people working to clean the sand. Do an excellent job.

A special touch is Alexander, the violinist who plays beautiful melodies round the main pool.

special thanks to Alex G, Minuet, Raymond, Carlos and Luis A. Ariel and Corina.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank viktorlesinjk

Dear viktorlesinjk,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your feedback about Akumal Bay - Beach & Wellness Resort.

It is always a pleasure to know our friends opinion in order to continue to provide them with the best service possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back anytime soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this fabulous resort for our daughters wedding in May 2018. The staff, food, atmosphere were excellent.
Can't wait to return. The weather was marvelous and the entertainment was very good. All rooms face the ocean.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ernie J

Dear Ernie J,

It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to host the celebration of your daughter's wedding, congratulations.

We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future to your home under the sun.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We spent 10 nights at Akumal and it was a truly fantastic experience. I already want to go again!

My favourite holiday destination has always been the Maldives. If I went somewhere else I realised I was always looking for the "Maldives paradise" feel. But I could never find it anywhere. Until I went to the Akumal Bay Beach resort.

The setting and location of this hotel is the best. It is built along a very long stretch of beach and every room is sea-front. You wake up to the spectacular ocean view every day.
There are other resorts along the bay, but even the most expensive resort down the road has a fraction of the beach that Akumal Bay resort has.

We had a garden room on the ground floor in building nr 4 and so in the morning you could just run out for a dip in the sea. or the lovely plunge pool on front of our room. It was basically like living on a beach. The beach, because it is so long, was never crowded, very often we found ourselves to be alone on our beach as other people preferred to go to the wide sand beach in front of the main pool.

The room itself was very spacious but nothing special. It had all the necessary amenities and the bed was comfortable but it was dated and not really luxurious. However, it was sufficient and it did not bother us as all the other aspects of the resort were just fabulous and surpassed our expectations.

The free wifi in the room was excellent and without any restrictions. Good enough to watch Netflix and stream movies online.

Another excellent thing was the All Inclusive plan. The food, especially in the ala carte restaurants was outstanding, some dishes were near Michelin-star quality. The sushi in the beach bar was delicious. The drinks and cocktails were fabulous and they used premium spirits to make them. I could just live at this resort for food alone!

The reef was easily accessible and pretty good for this part of the world. The main attraction were, obviously, the turtles. They were everywhere and in large quantities. I did not like people chasing the turtles and I think more care should be taken to ensure they have a peaceful life there and people should not be allowed to harass them like that.

For other animal lovers: there were no homeless dogs or neglected stray cats in the area. There were a few cats at the far end by the exit to the shops in the village but they were all neutered and apparently looked after by the people who look after the turtles (so I was told).

It was very easy and extremely cheap to get around the Yukatan peninsula using the minibuses (called Colectivo) which we took on the main road in front of the resort or further down the road in the village. We went everywhere using the Colectivo, which we sometimes combined with the equally excellent local buses, on a trip to Coba ruins, for instance.

All in all it was a wonderful holiday and the best vacation in the Caribbean ever. I can't wait to go back! And I usually never want to visit the same place twice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dagmara W

Dear Dagmara W,

Looking forward to seeing you again anytime soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I am late writing this revue but want to let people know about this resort.

Its Amazing

we stayed at this resort during 5 april to 19 april 2018
this was our 4th visit and we were welcomed with excellence We were a group of 13 people which were the same as the previous years.
The rooms, beach, restaurants , buffet and the overall atmosphere was superb. Most waiters, either in the restaurants , bars, beach service, animators on the beach, remembered us and treated us like we were special.. It is hard to remember the names of all those who served us, but here are a few special people....
Wilbert
Rafael
Carlo
Orlando
Pablo
Aurora
Sintia
Francisco
We would like to congratulate the owner, manager for the wonderful hospitality and service.

Rpger and Denise Mazerolle
Blaine, Vero and Audree

We hope to go again next year..

Room Tip: building 1 or 2
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank regor

Dear Roger and Denise Mazerolle
Blaine, Vero and Audree ,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Akumal Bay – Beach & Wellness Resort.

We are truly proud that our staff with personalized service, attitude and friendliness made of your stay an exceptional experience.

Be sure they will be recognized for their outstanding job provided during your stay.