Having just returned from a 5 day stay at the vista del mar, my only regret is that it was not longer. Prior to arriving there, I had spent some time in cancun, puerto Morelos, playa del Carmen and Merida. And I loved those places (Puerto Morelos and Merida in particular), my stay in Akumal was the best. When my sister and I entered out two bedroom condo (which could comfortably accommodate 5 people) we were stunned by the magnificent view. Things only got better as we learned that Yul ku lagoon was a pleasant stroll from us as was Turtle Bay. Additionally, you can snorkel in the waters directly in front of the condo as It sits on Half Moon Bay. Once we rented bikes at $6 a day we realized how quickly we could get places including the small town with the supermarket and the Pueblo across the highway where we got fresh mangos, pspayas and pineapples at a pittance. Each morning we prepared a breakfast (buy the eggs, they are the freshest!) and sipped coffee as we watched the sunrise. The condo has a efficient well organized kitchen. We had planned on trying out different restaurants during our stay, but Bueno Vida which is just a few doors down was so delicious and had a huge selection, we were happy to try something new there each night. One day we took the collectivo and I think we paid $3 each or less to get to Tulum fir the day! You could easily get anywhere along the Mexican Rivierra at Minimal cost by using the collectivo which is stationed about a half a mile
away. One reason that I have decided that my visit will be longer next year. Akumal is a pleasant quiet community, I think perhaps ideal for middle aged people as well as those with young children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Del Sol Beachfront Hotel rooms are in a tranquil setting on an out of the way beach. Each room includes daily maid service, air conditioning, free wireless internet, purified drinking water, TV, coffee maker, an in-room safe, and free parking. All Del Sol Beachfront condominiums and hotel rooms are on the absolute beachfront with uninterrupted views of the ocean. We also have one, two and three bedroom condos available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Del Sol Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Mar Akumal
- Vista Del Mar Hotel Akumal
- Del Sol Beachfront Hotel Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal