This is without question the best value all inclusive resort we have stayed in (3rd to 18th November 2011).
We emailed in advance for three room near to beach. This request was delivered and we were placed in the Kantenah part of the hotel - block 51 and very near to the beach. The rooms are fine, spacious, decent bathroom and good to have an ipod docking station.
Huge! The four hotels that are joined to make the hotel complex cover a massive area. The condition of the grounds is first class. Gardeners everywhere making sure everything is spot on. It really is a joy just to travel round the resort itself. The resort is also within a jungle and a genuine one at that. The walk from our room to the main part of the hotel was across a very long bridge through the jungle. There are obviously mosquitos about but you have to expect that given the location. Also saw one small snake on the bridge, nothing to worry about though.
Stunning. And the sea was beautiful. You could walk out really far. We saw lots of large fish and even two big stingrays swimming about.
At the top end of the resort you find the seawater pool. A really beautiful area and well work the walk to enjoy relaxing in a slightly different location.
We are not church goers but the church within the hotel grounds is really beautiful.
Lots of creatures absolutely everywhere. They are really cute and didn't seem bothered by the guests. Another really nice part of the overall experience.
Having said that the hotel is huge, the hotel provides fantastic transport. Using the trains and golf buggys to get about the resort adds to the fun. We all loved the train journeys.
Excellent and the best we have experienced in all inclusive hotels. This is down to quality but also the massive variety due to many restaurants. A few tips. The lamb at the Mare Nostrum is first class. The Bamboo has great food and is the most beautiful of the restaurants. A really great night out. Rodizio is has really nice decor but is basically lots of meat served at regular intervals. Portofino is a really nice Italian.
All of the buffets are great and at lunch time there is so much to chose from - the wonderful beach bar or numerous buffets.
There are so many bars that you never get bored. The drink quality is good and chose is great. Ladies loved the cocktails as well. Different bars had different premium branded drinks. Everything is well described in the bar menus. The serving staff do a great job of ensuring you don't have to leave your seat if you don't want to go to the bar yourself.
Really good for an all inclusive resort. The shows were well prepared but our favourites were the live banks in the Colonial Lobby, particularly the rock band each Saturday night.
Got to be the best spa and fitness room we have seen in any hotel.
As a general rule we do not return to all inclusive resorts - always nice to try a new one. However we fully expect to return here and no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone thinking of going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Easy Market Spa, Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, HotelsClick, Palladium Hotel Group, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal