Having stayed in other hotels in Mexico I was wanting to try somewhere different and away from the main resorts of Cancun and Playa Del Carmen...well I definitely made the right choice. This hotel is amazing...from the stunning scenery and the activities available to the amazing food choice.
We flew on the Dreamliner and have to admit this was an added bonus to the holiday, a great flight with plenty of legroom and great entertainment. After arriving at Cancun airport we had to endure the nightmare process of clearing immigration and Customs to then arrive after a 90 mins journey to a beautiful hotel. Not the only negative of the hotel is the check in process, it is an extremely slow and boring process however we were supplied with a welcome cocktail and the rest of the holiday made up for this.
I could break the rest of the trip down into segments however this review would then go on for pages when in fact all there is to say is ignore the negative reviews, this hotel is amazing, the staff are friendly, hardworking and always on hand to assist, the grounds are beautiful and clean and the pools are the best ive ever experienced. The restaurants are amazing (especially the steak restaurant and the Brazilian) and the choice in the buffets is extensive. Also I know some people have commented that the drinks are watered down, however I can assure you the Smirnoff and Diet coke that I was drinking definatley wasn't! more like they were extremely generous with the vodka.
I would highly recommend the rock pool, this was amazing and the day beds are fantastic.
I would also recommend a visit to Xel-Ha and swim with the dolphins, this was a fantastic day and one I will never ever forget.
All in all this was one of the best holidays I have ever had and the hotel is the nicest I have stayed in. I am already looking at returning next year. If you are thinking of booking this hotel, then do it, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal