My family and I just got back from our stay at the Grand Palladium, everything was great! The Japanese Restaurant hibachi grill was great! need to stand in line by 7:30am (concierge desk opens at 8am ) to book reservation for the next evening, it books up fast we got a 530 reservation, but well worth it! Second favorite restaurant was the Mexican Restaurant waiter was great brought us a Tequila Boom Boom shot which was really yummy, shrimp dish was delicious.
Beach was nice white sand, nice breezes, not to crowded, we did go out early to get shaded chairs, pools are really big and water is great, water does get warmer in the afternoon from the sun. We walked to the salt water pool but did not go in it very secluded and not may people very nice. It is true the resort is really big there are walk ways through the forest area that take you to different parts of the resort which is cool can get confusing, they have a train car that takes you lobby to lobby comes in handy when you dont want to walk.
The only problem we had was we booked through Miami Vacation Store because they some how use the Grand palladium name in the web page and it comes up before the Grand Palladium Hotel Group which is main web site. Anyway the upgraded us to a Jr suite because the ran out of the standard rooms which was great. But when we got there and checked the suite was in the Riviera Resort rooms 6709 and 6711 of the Palladium which was the furthest Villa's from all 4 of the resort lobbies which is were everything is all the bar and restaurant and pool. No beach near by. These suites are more for couples with the big tub in the middle of the room, not for a family with teenage kids. We asked to be move to the Colonial which is what I originally booked they moved us the next day, but beware if you change rooms you have to be out of your room by 12 and cant get in the new room until 3pm. The new room was perfect and comfortable and we loved the rest of our trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal