We stayed at The Colonial in July and could not find a single fault.
Pool/Pool bars.Always being cleaned, plenty of things to do at the pool side.Waiters were always helpful at the bars and pool side buffets,Angel at the White Sands was brilliant. There is always a free sunbed with or without shade.
Towels. You get allocated a towel card for each person, but if you happen to see towels left over night then you can trade these in for more towel cards.
Buffet Restaurant at The Colonial.Always plenty of fine food, waiters again terrific could not fault them.Freddy was brilliant he had the most funniest laugh and very helpful,your glass was never empty.
Al La Carte Restaurants. They offered a wide range of food. The Brazillian was great as you could have eight different meats including rabbit, sausage, and beef. You can also get branded drinks in these restaurants too.
Transport around resort.Transport between lobbies was provided by a road train and golf buggies,so you did not have to walk. There was also undercover walkways between villas and lobbies so you didnt have to get wet.
Rooms.Very clean mini bar filled every day could not ask for more, views were good as you either looked out on to pools or jungle.
Spa.Great place for peace and quiet.Massages were awesome and done more than we expected!! Very clean.
Gym. Very clean and had weights/running machines/cross trainers etc. There was plenty to go round.
Bars in general.Brilliant staff and service, done their best to provide the drink you required.
Beach. Superb, very clean. Sea weed is always being cleaned up. Although a bit rocky and bit sharp on your feet, the fish are brilliant to see so worth going snorkeling.
Animals. We were lucky to see badgers, racoons, ONE monkey, blue land crabs, lots of singing birds, ALOT of iguanas, but dont be worried they just hide out in the rocks and their holes. Flamingos, crocodiles and koi carp are also on site and well looked after. There is alot of worry about mosquitos, but as long as your prepared and put spray on before you go out and perhaps dont put too much aftershave/perfume on, your unlikely to get bitten. They often come out after the rain and are mostly in the jungle areas around the complex rather than the main bar/restaurant areas.
Grounds. Always kept clean and tidy, no litter of the paper type or iguana mess. Just be mindful that if it does rain then the marble floor could be slightly slippy, but the staff are soon on to it as they mop the floor reqularly to get rid of any water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal