Brilliant (25 Aug - 09 Sep 12). Won't go on as most issues have been covered in previous reports. Just a few practical points for visitors:
1. We took jungle formula deet but be advised this is not sufficient if you are susceptible to mosquito bites. Buy the yellow mosquito bands from your 'Rep' on arrival. We were told that the mozzies were more of a problem than usual.
2. Don't bother taking a hair dryer or straighteners as the hair dryer in the bathroom is more than sufficient.
3. Only take flat shoes as you will not be able to walk along the wooden walk ways connecting villas with lobbies in heels.
4. This place is huge but please use the land trains or buggies available at no cost.
5. Please don't miss out on the Spa. Take a look on day one. It has amazing free facilities (less massages).
6. The safe will take a laptop, digital SLR camera, purses/wallets, jewellery etc. you chose your own 6 digit code (safe as houses).
7. A la Cartes get busy after 8pm. A pager will be given to you if they are busy. Go and get yourself a drink until your table is ready.
8. Dont feel obligated to tip, but 20 peso's here and there I am sure is appreciated by the hard working staff. A special mention for Lucy the waitress in the Colonial Lobby Bar, she works extremely hard.
9. Do your own trips to, Akumal, Tulum Ruins, Xel-Ha on the collectivo outside the hotel. It will save you a bomb, and it is perfectly safe.
10. Best regards to the Mansfield girls. Hope you kept feeding 'Iggy' when we left.
11. Book this hotel as you will not be disappointed. Our best holiday ever, we didn't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Otel, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan