Just returned to cold from the most amazing 2 weeks at the Kantenah. We had a standard room (no upgrade despite it being our wedding anniversary) but the room was really nice, recently refurbished and immaculately clean. I found the pillows quite uncomfortable but I am very fussy. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed every day.
The whole resort is beautiful you can easily feel like you are on your own while walking through the grounds even when the resort must have been fairly full.
The beach is stunning with really good swimming and the reef for snorkelling, there was never much trouble getting sunbeds and there was plenty of shade available too, The pools look good too but we stayed mostly on the beach.
The food is good at the buffets and really good at the a la carte restaurants. We tried the steakhouse, ribs and more, Brazilian, Mediterranean, Chinese and Japanese, the only one that was slightly disappointing was the Japanese as the other guests on our table were not very friendly and I think the chef was a bit intimidated by them. Such a shame as the chef appeared to be new and a bit nervous we tried to give him some feedback but with the others almost ignoring him he was really up against it. We gave him a tip at the end but were the only ones that did, The food was good. Overall the food was excellent and you could eat all day and night if you really wanted too,
The staff everywhere on the resort are really friendly and always give a cheerful 'hola' when passing. The waiting staff in the bars hardly gave you a chance to sit before they were there to take your drinks order the service was brilliant.
The buses that run from Tulum to Playa del Carmen are frequent, safe and cheap so get out and use them. We did a few trips on them to the ruins at Tulum, to Playa del Carmen and to Xel-Ha and compared with the hotel trips we saved a small fortune.
All in all this was a fabulous holiday, loved the country, the resort and the people. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan