Us: Wife and I in our lower 50's, two boys 16 and 14. Also traveled with two other families with similar demographics.
Airport transport: Airport transfer by USA transfers went well, Friendly driver, nice van.
Check In: Very friendly at check in desk. Got free upgrade to mini suite without asking. Offered drinks and cool wet towels. Got resort overview from customer service rep. I knew a vacation club sale was going to be offered with the overview, we declined the vacation club presentation and was not pressured to attend. Check in could not have gone better.
Room: Third floor (top floor) with Jungle view. Mini bar was stocked daily with water, soda, and beer. TV was not working when we arrived, they fixed it the following day. Very good daily maid service.
Very large resort. Cut out of the jungle. The size of the resort would not fit everyone. You will do a lot of walking. We liked the resort size. Lots of wildlife. Daily you see dozens of coatimundi, iguanas, and raccoon.
All employees very friendly.
Best part of the resort is the beach. Very good snorkeling. Snorkeled everyday, saw lots of tropical fish, rays, schools or large jack fish, a barracuda, a large sun fish, and a sea snake. What really makes the beach is that it has lots of shade. You can spend the entire day at the beach without getting burned up.
Snorkeling and fishing at Akumal was awesome. Went fishing through Akuamal Dive shop, caught a barracuda and had 4 other bites (would have probably boated more if we were better fisherman). Another day we rented a locker and snorkel vests through the dive shop. Saw at least 8 very large turtles.
Pools and activity staff looked fun, we used the beach much more.
Restaurants: Ala cartes were very good to excellent. The best being the Japanese show, better than Benihana. Buffets were also very good, lots of choices for everyone. Be sure to visit Hemmingways for premium drinks.
Entertainment was better than expected.
Only Negatives. Electricity went out about 4 time the week we were there (about an hour each time). All of us got some small stomach issues at times (very common in this part of Mexico).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan