from the reviews i thought this would be a much better experience than it was. our room smelt like mildew, there was mold in our shower and the icing on the cake was that our "king size" bed was in fact two twins pushed together with king sheets. really?!?! i would be more understanding if say the hotel had been packed to its gills and improvisation was their last resort but there were at best only 15 other villas occupied (and i mean at best!). the staff were certainly friendly but since our main requirement was a comfy place to sleep this didnt come close to fitting the bill. there are are far more comparably priced nicer properties in akumal and tulum to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas DeRosa is a small family owned resort offering 1,2 & 3 bedroom beachfront condos with hotel rooms facing the swimming pool. Each condo enjoys a private balcony, spacious living area with dining room and fully equipped kitchen. Local or international meals can be catered to your dining room or enjoyed at our beach bar or poolside cafe. Aquatech, our on-site PADI dive center, is available for reef diving, cenote diving and dive training. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villas DeRosa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquatech Villas Derosa Hotel Akumal
- Aquatech Hotel Derosa
- Villas DeRosa Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal