This is a good, basic hotel. The bedroom is fine, with AC and TV. The safebox is questionable since it is literally a wooden lock box in the wall. The room had a coffee maker and that was nice, as breakfast wasn't included. The location is great for beach, snorkeling along the coast or having close proximity to Akumal or Tulum. There is no restaurant nearby, only the hotel's. The menu at Aquatech or other nearby hotel's menu are pricey. I did find their $10 Philly beef steak sandwich and fries delicious though, which they delivered to our room. You might be better taking a collective to Akumal pueblo for real Mexican food at one of the local stands or pizza at X'Mirna's. Akumal pueblo also has a couple of grocery stores to pick up food and supplies to take back to your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas DeRosa is a small family owned resort offering 1,2 & 3 bedroom beachfront condos with hotel rooms facing the swimming pool. Each condo enjoys a private balcony, spacious living area with dining room and fully equipped kitchen. Local or international meals can be catered to your dining room or enjoyed at our beach bar or poolside cafe. Aquatech, our on-site PADI dive center, is available for reef diving, cenote diving and dive training. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villas DeRosa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquatech Villas Derosa Hotel Akumal
- Aquatech Hotel Derosa
- Villas DeRosa Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal