“Great way to spend a rain day - or any day”
Review of Budha Gardens Spa

Budha Gardens Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Spas & Wellness in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: A tranquil boutique spa in a small Caribbean village, steps away from the crystal blue waters. With peaceful gardens, trickling fountains and intoxicating tropic flowers, makes a perfect place to receive professional spa services. Budha Gardens Spa will be the high light of a relaxing vacation. Our master massage therapist will take years of stress off and leaving you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Our full spa menu gives you a variety of invigorating spa treatments to choose from. Make this special place a part of your vacation, you deserve it!
Reviewed 18 November 2013

While recently in Akumal, a group of four of us were able to have a Swedish massage at Budha Garden Spa. What a nice surprise! Two of our group had never had a massage before and were instantly put at ease. The other two of us are experienced massage goers and loved every minute. My experience with some resort and vacation destination spas are less than impressive but this was up there with some of the best massage therapists I've had. (Unfortunately can't remember all of the persons names but think we had Rosa, Karlata, a young man, and another lady.) The weather was unfortunately poor the next few days so my friend and I made additional appointments for the Mayan Goddess Facials. Another treat! Worth your time.

Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for coming to Budha Garden Spa Akumal, sorry for all the rain but it is a great way to spend the day, Spa Day! I hope your friends will continue to enjoy massages and hope to see you soon on next return to Akumal!
Best regards,

"paypal"
"resort"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Having had a lot of body work done from a number of therapists- from hotel spas to local independents- I know quickly when I'm being worked on by a particularly skilled massage therapist. I recently had two sessions with Karla and would rate her among the best I've experienced. I like a deep tissue massage but not at the expense of the flowing relaxation. I've had some massages where it was "all work" and some massages that felt too soft and without any real therapeutic value past relaxing. Karla managed to put it all together with great depth and really relaxing flow. I highly recommend her! And, on a side note, my partner had Juan work on her twice and she was simply ecstatic with her sessions as well. Lovely people. Lovely place.

Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for coming to Akumal and Budha Gardens Spa! I am happy to hear you had a wonderful services and a relaxing time here with us. Please come again and thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! Hope to see you soon on your next trip here!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Decided to check out the Budha Gardens Spa on our last full day in Akumal. Quaint spot located just inside the archway in town. I ordered a Swedish massage and Juan did amazing work. Very friendly relaxed atmosphere. We'll definitely come back here on our next visit!

Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for stopping by Budha Gardens Spa, happy to hear you had a great massage by Juan, Please on your next trip to Akumal be sure to come and see us again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

In Akumal Beach at the Mayan Riviera in Mexico, you can find this jewel simple spa!

I experienced a 1 hour Swedish massage that was very beneficial to my back pain. The masseuse Karla De Leon has what I call good hands for massage. And believe me, I have been experiencing massage everywhere I travel, from Saint Martin to Malaysia, to Japan, to Hungary, to Brazil, you name it. This was quite good. Plus, she used it a special Swiss oil which is a mix of different herbs and that helps to calm your skin.

After a maybe intense active day at the beach (are you kidding?!) a massage can be a special treat to yourself for sure, if well done. This was the case.

Easy to fin the Spa at the entrance of the Akumal beach.

2  Thank JuPereira
Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for coming to Budha Garden Spa. Thank you for your kind review about our spa and the therapist. We are happy to hear you had a relaxing time and a therapeutic massage. Hope you have a great stay the remainder or your time here in Rivierab Maya, come back soon

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Incense greets you at the palapa entryway, inviting you down a sidewalk into a tranquil garden courtyard. This lovely tropical garden oasis was so inviting I lingered there prior to the massage and afterwards, as well. Lorinda made me feel immediately welcomed and quickly assessed my needs for the appointment. Ruby led me to a very elegant and cozy bungalow where I could feel stress melting away. The massage was relaxing,therapeutic and quite effective, including some reflexology.The spa menu offers a myriad of wellness procedures for your body needs, and the Budha Spa staff take great care in making you well and relaxed on your journey. This is a destination not to be missed on your next visit to Akumal. I am looking forward to a return to see how the garden has grown. Walk to the pink shop next door and find some wonderful artisan chocolate to make your visit complete :)

1  Thank January W
Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for coming to Budha Gardens Spa. I am glad you had a relaxing time in the gardens and a great therapeutic massage treatment. We look forward to your next visit, soon. Thank you for your wonderful rating on trip advisor.