“Great for families”
Review of Pancho Villa's - CLOSED

Pancho Villa's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Gustavo and Roberto bent over backwards keep our party of 11 happy. The food was better than I'd expected, the service excellent. Great setting for families, as there's space for kids to climb and explore while the adults linger. The kids were very happy with their food -- queso fundido (really good), hamburgers and tacos. For Akumal, we thought the prices were reasonable. Very nice evening overall.

I don't know if they take reservations or do take-out orders, but I'd be willing to bet they would if you ask. They're clearly working hard to make this business a success.

1  Thank Temple M

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband, myself and three teens were on our last night in Akumal on June 1 and were looking for a place to eat in a torrential downpour---we were lucky enough to find some room for us at this tiny restaurant. We had what I believe to have been one of the most reasonably priced, freshest, best prepared and flavored meal of our trip. Hands down, the fried calamari is the best I have had in any of my travels...perfect breading, perfectly fried. I do not drink alcohol but the server/owner encouraged me to try the Mango/Orange Virgin margarita...wow!! totally fresh chunks of mango with fresh squeezed oj ...yummy!!

We were so excited for our server/owner/cook Gustavo..he had just had a baby girl born that very day!! and it was his birthday!! Apparently his cook could not get in due to the weather and he had to cover--his "assistant" was as funny and charming as we could have ever hoped!

We learned we had crossed paths with Gustavo just the year before. he had been working at Dreams Tulum, where we had vacationed....he credits much of his success to what he learned at Dreams Tulum.

Pancho Villa is moving to a bit larger location, only about 1000 feet from where it is now...make sure you try the calamari and the parmesan encrusted fish!! Yummy! We will be back!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Somewhat new to Akumal Pancho's is another must try....friendly service very good food at a good value....stop in and have a blast.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were hanging out in Akumal for a day on the beach. We were getting ready to leave when my friend realized that he had locked the keys in the car a long with our phone.
We stumbled upon Pancho Villa's Restaurant in Plaza Ukana and met Gostavo and Roberto. We decided to have a bite to eat while we tried to figure out what to do. No phone, locked out of the car, in a foreign country, things were starting to look grim!
Gostavo and Roberto were so welcoming! I ordered the grilled Lobster with Gustavo's special rub and it was grilled to perfection! It was accompanied with delicious rice and steamed veggies. It was so yummy! My friend ordered chicken and carne asada taco's served with a side of beans and rice. Both were amazingly good!
But it was not just good because of the food. It was the atmosphere, amazing food, and great customer service that made a bad evening turn into such an unforgettable night! The staff at Pancho Villa's not only welcomed us, fed us, but helped us to arrange to get keys from the rental service. They went above and beyond just serving an extraordinary meal but created such a wonderful experience for us.
Thank you Pancho Villa for and wonderful dinner, for helping us get back into our car, and for being you! We will not forget you and look forward to eating here again!!!

1  Thank Kuimi
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Loved the calamari best in Akumal! Also had steak fajitas outstanding and the coconut shrimp good-staff is the best especially the waitress

1  Thank llmonaco