Grand Oasis Tulum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
2,431 results
All reviewscalm resortdos lunassmart carmartini barjean paulnoeli gomezgrand guestswhite boxocean frontfishmakigarden viewinfinity poolfree snorkelingtacoplaya del carmenswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I won't go over all that others have said. Here are my highs and lows. The staff. Oh my goodness, they are the best! From the time the smiling Leonardo took our bags till the time he put us back in the shuttle, the staff was just exceptional. Thanks Ivar, for slaving over that hot griddle for my omelet each morning. Jorge, Hipolita, Noe, Alfredo, all awesome. There were others also, cannot remember names but everyone was just great. Truly felt like a spoiled vacationer.
The resort was immaculate, they are constantly cleaning to keep it that way. Nice beach, good snorkeling, better get up at 6 if you want a palapa. Plenty of pools and loungers usually available. We also liked that it was a smaller AI. Food was good, we thought Careyes was excellent.
The room on floor three. We paid for an oceanfront but I don't recommend. No balcony and window had salt spray, making it difficult to see out. Also, once or twice we had a nasty sewer smell come through the hot tub drain though we didn't use the hot tub. Hot water seemed to take a long time to get to the third floor. Next time we will just get a pool view. Yes, the elevator was out during our week but it was no big deal to me, 32 shallow steps won't kill me.
All in all, a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldiep
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We just got back from a 4-day stay at the Grand Oasis Tulum. I would give the property 2 1/2 stars if I could mostly due to the service, poor quality of accommodations, and the lack of attention to detail. There were 9 of us in 3 rooms and we all had our problems, although we enjoyed the vacation overall. I'll break it down by category below.

Accommodations:
This was an area that definitely needed improvement. The rooms looked nice but had a lot of issues. We all had beachfront suites and were supposed to be on the ground floor with doors opening to the beach (which was lovely). However, my family was moved upstairs since they said they could not accommodate us with a crib downstairs. This would have been okay if the elevator had worked. The elevator was out of service the ENTIRE 4 days and one of the employees told me that it only works on average 1 day per week. With 2 small kids, this was awful, and my back was out by the end of the stay from carrying the stroller, diaper bag, kids, etc. up and down several times a day. The fridge in our room did not work for the first 2 days and took 5 complaints until it was finally replaced. The hot water didn’t work the first day and after complaining about that twice, I was told to let it run for at least 5 minutes first. So, I did and even with that, I never turned the cold water on and the shower was lukewarm. We had to bathe the kids in my mom’s room. My sister's room had a bigger problem - the door to the outside beach was broken - like seriously broken with pieces of metal hanging down and unable to close at all. She also complained 5 times before finally being told it was unsafe and they had to move her (after they slept with their door wide open the first night). My mom's room was okay, but the room next door to her also had a problem with the door to the beach.

Dining/Restaurants:
The food was very good for an all-inclusive. The variety of the buffet was good and the food quality high overall at the restaurants we tried. The problem was that it was near impossible to make a reservation at any of the a la carte restaurants. We were 3rd in line and told the only time we could have at the Mediterranean restaurant was 7:30 p.m. and at the gourmet Mexican restaurant was 9:30 p.m. Then when we arrived for our 7:30 p.m. reservation, we were the ONLY ones in the restaurant with the exception of 1 other table. Additionally they would not seat the 8 of us together, even though we had a reservation for 8 – we were at 2 tables of 4. The other strange thing was that the steakhouse was very difficult to find – you have to actually walk through the buffet to get there.

We didn’t use much other than the pool and beach. The beach was really lovely and felt very private on the Grand side. It was a bit rocky but you could walk down a little ways and find a smooth patch on the Oasis side, so it was fine. The pool was also nice. There was service on the beach, which was great. One thing I found annoying was that you could not have your mini-bar in your room refreshed or room service without a fee. At every other all-inclusive I’ve been to, that is all included in the price. Also, as others have said, internet was a hefty charge. I’ll also mention that the bar in the lobby is the best to go to – it is the only one with the top brands (Finlandia, Cuervo, etc.) free of charge.

Service:
Lastly a bit on service…it was highly inconsistent and mostly not good. The front desk was AWFUL! They were rude, unhelpful, and overall not what you expect from the ‘face’ of a resort. We had to complain multiple times at the front desk and nothing was ever fixed. We ultimately took our complaints to the concierge who finally resolved the issues. The attitude of most of the staff was poor and they seemed unhappy to be there. I will mention a few shining stars though that made the stay better – Emmanuel at the breakfast buffet always greeted with a smile and provided great service, Hipoleta, the beach server, was great, and Carmen at the bell stand was awesome. I also appreciated Hugo and Joquien trying to help us out after hearing about all of our challenges.

Overall - - I would never stay here again. There are better options for a similar price, so I would not waste my money here again.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms on the ground floor are very nice as long as your door works, which several did not.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FTL-G8R
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've been to Many resorts in mexico and Akumal areas this was the best resort of all hands down the best service amenities quiet pools perfect what a resort should be. A true 5 star resort the swim up bar inside of the infinity pool was excellent.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms that opened to the beach were beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Carl

Thank you very much for your comment. We're glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the activities and facilities.

We are going to be waiting for you soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We recently returned from the Grand Oasis Talum with another couple. The resort itself is beautiful and the staff are friendly and courteous. Having said that, we were not given the room we specifically requested even though we paid extra and upgraded. We were moved two days after we first arrived and got a beautiful ocean front room which was exceptional. The snorkeling is amazing and the ocean view is spectacular. It is unfortunate that the staff are not made aware of what 'perks' are supposed to be included with a gold bracelet. Obviously there is a lack of communication between Management and the staff. Whenever we asked a question, we got a different answer depending on who you were asking the question. We were told we had priority with booking the restaurants but that wasn't the case. When we returned the following day at 9 am to book a restaurant, we were told it was "all booked". This happened a few times. The rooms are clean but we had to ask that they be cleaned before 4 pm. It was often well after 3 before anyone came to clean the rooms. The staff are very accommodating and when you do ask for something, it is delivered promptly but it seems like we had to ask for everything. The food at the buffet is good but very repetitive. Lunch at the Al Sur was amazing. You don't need a reservation and it isn't buffet. The Meditterean Restaurant is a five star meal and the service is top notch. A special thanks to Ronaldo and Emmaneul who we had the pleasure of being served by at the buffet and a special thanks to Hipolita who brought us a friendly smile and frosty drinks daily right at our beachfront rooms. Abbil at the concieirge desk was very helpful in getting our restaurant reservation booked. Overalll, we had a beautiful week at the Grand Oasis but make sure you do your homework before you stay here. Just because you upgrade, it isn't a given you will get all of the perks. The snorkeling is amazing and we did this on our own, free of charge. I would recommend this resort but make sure you ask lots of questions to know what you are getting.

Room Tip: Request a beachfront room on the ground floor level. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service.
We are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. We will certainly congratulate them for their amazing job.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We recently spent five days at the grand oasis in Tulum. There was some issues with the room regarding construction going on outside but Piola the desk manager help us get moved. The bummer is that you're separated by bracelet Colour. This is confusing and makes you feel uncomfortable. We extremely enjoyed the tours and the friendly staff especially Emy the dive trainer and Ricardo the snorkel guide.

Sioux lookout, Ontario, Canada

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest :

Let us thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Such opinions helps us know our weaknesses in order to improve in the future. We regret the inconvenience occurred during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel to enhance your perception.

We reiterate our thanks.