In April 8-15 2014, My family, friends and I went to Mexico and for a few of us it was our second stay at this resort. Needless to say, I was not disappointed.
Service: This was impeccable as the entertainers at the pool are very friendly and became very dear to our hearts. When we left it brought great sadness to say goodbye to Jeremy, Edwin, Sergio, Fernando, Luis, Kevin, Martin and Julio. They are all amazing and we wish the best for them and hope to see them again next year as we will likely be returning. The daily activities that are held at the pool such as water polo, macho man and volley ball became very fun due to everyone's enthusiasm.
The only issue I had with the service was that we pretty much lost an entire day because they didn't have our rooms ready when we arrived and throughout the day were having issues finding us a room and we were Diamond Club.
Value: Grand Bahia Principe is probably the BEST priced resort for a 4* plus resort. Cost us about 1300 each for diamond club from Toronto Canada via Trip Central.
Rooms: I was in room 4505. Rooms are pretty standard they are cleaned on a daily basis. Mini Fridge is restocked daily. It is a pretty much hit or miss to get a good working air conditioner in your room at this resort. But if you have as much to drink as I did, It shouldn't be a problem.
Food: The selection of food is very large. You can have all kinds of food such as american, japanese, mexican, and italian. The a la cartes are excellent however you have to book them early or you may miss out. But if you do miss out on the a la cartes, the buffet is always good.
Excursions: If you go you have to check out Fifth Ave in Playa Del Carmen. Its about 30 mins away. There are shops for days. We visited a little cafe called ah cacao and it was very good, Id recommend checking it out. If you go on a Catamaran excursion, Fat Cats is always a good experience. We have went twice and they never fail to amaze.
Thank you for a great week, hope to see y'all again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal