My wife and I just returned back from a week at this hotel. I have to say that we are not the least disappointed that we chose this hotel. What a great concept of being able to the other 2 resorts. The trams take you where you want to go and we were never waiting very long. The pools were nice and we used them often. Other guests do come early and put their towels down on the chairs as a way of reserving, even though there is a rule not to. Same down on the beaches, but what can you do. People don't always read or follow rules and I find it best just to roll with it. It's vacation, right?
The good points far out weigh the bad and here's what I found.
Beaches are very nice, as are the pools. Grounds are constantly being taken care of and are immaculate. Rooms are nice, but could use some TLC. Nothing to drastic and won't take away from your experience. Wildlife will eat your food if you leave it unattended. Birds got my breakfast my first day. Racoons and Coatis ( like a Racoon) will come up on your chair and take food of your plate at the snack bars at night. They are really brave and cute, but are wild animals and will bite. A strict rule not to feed them or approach them, although the staff would probably not scold you. Other animals also.
Food is really good and lots of choices. Make your restaurant reservations as soon as you can. There are quite a few choices, but best to get them reserved as soon as possible.
Entertainment is really good and performers are very friendly as is all the staff I encountered. Lev Jackson ( Michael Jackson impersonator) poses for pictures after a stellar show. A band doing the Beatles were also pretty good. Fireshow and more.
The room I was in didn't have any grounded outlets. I had my laptop with me and couldn't charge it in the room, just in the lobby. That didn't really hamper me, since I only checked things at night. 1 hours of continuous access per device in the lobby. The signal was strong in my room (311), so if you wanted to pay for premium internet it would probably be o.k. 45 dollars US or something like that a week. 5 bucks a day to keep your valuables secure in a safe. Should be free, but not a deal breaker. Water pressure isn't great, so could be easy to clog the toilet. Just keep that in mind.
All around though, this is a nice property and well worth spending a vacation at. My wife and I are talking about returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal