We stayed in this resort for one week, in "Tulum" hotel (the resort includes 4 hotels enclosed in a very large land). We arrived from Peru and the first impression as 5 stars resort it was not very positive: no one came to help us with luggage before and after the check-in and we had to find ourselves the right bell-boy to ask to bring us to our room (it is impossible to get to your room on your own unless you steal one of their club cars!). After that, we can say that all the personnel was very helpful and nice, so the overall impression about that is more than good.
The room was clean, pretty large, with a real king size bed and air conditioning (mandatory to sleep in August!). In all the common areas there is no air conditioning that makes the stay a bit hard for the high humidity of this season. There were no safe and slippers.
The real reason why my rating is "very good" and not "excellent" is because we were almost scammed by the staff offering us to join the so called "Privilege Club": in my humble opinion should not happen (in a 5 stars resort) to be approached and invited to a "presentation of the resort" that at the end took about 4 hours of our time. I won't go into details but I would recommend to all the guests to beware of anything related to "Privilege Club": this is maybe something it really works but the personnel we met were very kind but absolutely not transparent in their manner.
Last note is about the animals: you will encounter some very nice and funny animals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal