I'll start by saying this is only the second time we've stayed at an AI in Mexico..most of the time we rent condos, but needed a chill-out last minute vacation before the chaos of Christmas !...Yes, we did really love the whole aspect of the AI experience, but in spite of the fact that the food was great everywhere...I think a week would about do it for me.
We did love this resort...stayed at the Royal section of Coba. Didn't spend much time at the pools...but really loved the beach area. I particularly liked the Tulum part of the resort due to the proximity to the beach (like being able to sit on the beach for your morning coffee)..but would stay at Coba again for sure. Again, we thought the food was great...hubby gained 5 lbs!..in spite of all the walking and exercise !..liked the a-la-cartes...especially Mikado..next time we will try Arlequin...which is supposed to be really amazing. Staff was wonderful at all levels. We have only one complaint about the service and that is the fact that they didn't have beach or pool drink service...you had to line up...sometimes for a long time...to get a drink because lots of time there was only one bartender. This really surprised us but it didn't kill us for sure.
I really want to add that we noticed,..after great service from these extremely hard-working waiters - especially in the a la cartes...some people could actually walk away without leaving any sort of tip!!! hard to believe they could do that in good conscience..(if you received good service and in most cases you do!) and very few left anything at the buffets either...folks ....a couple of bucks (20 pesos) won't kill you ! We usually left between 50 and 100 pesos at the restaurants - these people work mostly for tips..the way I look at it, if we can afford a trip like this, surely we can afford to acknowledge good service.
I loved the fact that we could reserve the restaurants in advance on-line, rather than having to line up in the morning...that we had to do in the other one we stayed at !...already looking forward to going back..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal