I have many great things to say about this resort so let's start with the check in. We checked in at 10am and we're welcomed with appetizers and welcome drinks. Everything went very good and quick!
Rooms: We stayed in building 23. Very close to main Coba lobby, kids water park, many surrounding pools, buffet and trolley pickup.
Beach: The beach is amazing! Many different sections to it to please everyone. There's open areas where you can play in the waves. There's the closed off sections where smaller children can play and enjoy the without worrying they'll be swept away by a wave. Nice areas where you can snorkel. You can walk a ways along the shore line also which is very nice!
Pools: The pools are nice and many to chose from. The time we did spend by the pool we were at the one right by the kids water park. This pool had music pumpin' and some really fun pool side activities.
Food: We did Mediterranean cuisine, Mikado restaurant, Le gourmet and Portofino restaurant. They were all amazing! The only downfall is the Mikado "Japanese" restaurant makes their rolls with cream cheese instead of avocado was weird to me. But other then that it was really good.
Rooms: The beds are firm and they give you three small pillows so it's not the most comfortable, but we slept well. Our ceiling fan was making a racket and we kept postponing calling someone to fix it cause we thought it would take them for ever. Well we suffered for three nights for nothing. I finally gave in and called maintenance they came right away and tada!!! Fixed :)
The room was cleaned daily and I have absolutely no complaints they did a great job. The turn down service was a cute bonus. Every time we'd come in from dinner we had cute chocolates and added touches to our bed.
Grounds: Very clean and very well maintained and many wildlife running around to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal