My friends and I were very excited to stay at this resort as we've heard so many good things about it from friends and coworkers that have stayed here. After we graduated we thought it'd be fun to go somewhere to celebrate, but we decided to wait a few months so we can work a bit and pay off some student loans and just get ourselves on our feet. Some of our classmates ended up moving for job opportunities.
So finally in February, we had our vacation days booked off work, and decided to chose this resort. Everything was set and booked, we were all excited! Then two days before we were set to leave, I received an email saying that the resort was overbooked and we were being located to another resort. The other resort was called Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.
I thought it would be okay, since I was going to an Iberostar resort the month following for a wedding, and heard that Iberostars are great resorts to stay on. However, we found out that only three of us were getting relocated and the others were staying at the Grand Bahia Principe Coba. This was very disappointing since this was supposed to be a graduation trip.
When we got to Iberostar, we asked if there was any way we could transfer to the Grand Bahia once there was an open room, we wouldn't mind if we had to wait a day or two or even three, but we were told that they couldn't do anything without the approval of Grand Bahia Principe since they will be the ones that will be paying for the relocation back. We waited and waited but we didn't get any information. When we called our guest services, they would tell us that they haven't heard back from Grand Bahia.
Finally, on the last few days, they transferred our friends to the Iberostar, but to a different tier. So even if we wanted to do dinners together, we couldn't because unlike staying at Grand Principe where you can dine at restaurants at sister resorts, Iberostar needed you to purchase another wristband.
All in all, we were very disappointed that after all that planning, and being able to get vacation time at the same time, we could not celebrate together. Being relocated 2 days before our departure date to a resort that was less than what was expected and less than what we paid for was a pretty big let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal