The Bahia Principe Coba was the 5th all inclusive resort I have been to in the last 6 years. I must say that this hotel had the best ala carte food I have had. My wife and I and a couple of friends ate at four restaurants at this resort. The italian is the Dolce Vita and it had great appetizers and all of our meals were great. The service was excellent and even the house wine was good. We also ate at the Brazilian (lots of meat delivered to your table), the Mexican "Tequila" and the Coba's Gourmet restaurant. They were all good. Because of our golden booking, we could go to 4 ala cartes in the week. We booked them at checkin. If you want to go to the Gourmet restaurant, book right away because we could only go on our second last day. You can book any of the ten or so restaurants which is a nice selection.
The bus ride from the airport was long (2 hrs) but there was beer on the bus ($3) which was much cheaper than the airport beer and it was nice to see the countryside on the way. The ride would have been shorter but we had to drop off a couple of other groups along the way.
Check in was smooth. No pushy time share salesmen at the resort. We were in our rooms right away. We had the upgraded "golden" lobby which had free internet service.
The beach must be 2 km long, with very nice sand and lots of beach chairs and palpas. There is a nice calm area blocked off by a weir for people to swim in the ocean, even on windy days.
There were many pools and bars to check out. Large pools, quiet pools, whirl pools, swim up bars, and whirl pools. We tried them each afternoon.
The rooms were clean with bottled water each day. You will surely enjoy this resort. Although the resort is big, there is large golf cart like trolleys that carry you around the resort. You do not really need to walk far if you dont want to.
I would recommend this resort. It is also very close to the village of Tulum and the Tulum ruins, also Xel Ha resort. They would be a short cab ride away. We didnt go there because we had been to this area before. Playa del Carman is further away, likely 25 minutes by cab. There is shopping (tshirts, nick nacs, colored plates, etc) right on the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 lake-style pools, 3 Jacuzzis, large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers, pool and beach towel service, BAHIA SPA (additional charge). Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles, motorized sports (additional charge), water activity centre, entertainment amphitheater. WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge), buffet restaurant, 4 a la carte restaurants, 8 bars, 2 snack bars. Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed, sitting area with sofa, fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bathtub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer, bathroom amenities. Balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, radio alarm clock, flat screen satellite TV, mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, safe (additional charge), ironing set, terrace, Wifi. Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites, the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite; bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay, children's bath kit, welcome basket with sweets, mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children, two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites), Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal