This was a return trip to this resort. We had been to the Coba 2 years ago and loved it so we decided to return.
Check in was smooth and quickly taken to our room. I had requested 3rd floor overlooking the quiet pool. Villa 26A, perfect location. Thank you Mr. Valle. We had traveled all day and went to the buffet for dinner. It lacked a lot. The beef was very tough and most things were not restocked. Even so we managed to get full, just seemed to be an off night. I guess I will stay on the food, it is so subjective from person to person so my take on this is service and restocking of food that is out. Service was very spotty, the waiters seemed to take care of large groups only, my husband and I waited most nights just to get water, then waited to get refills of just water. It seemed that when a dish was empty they had to wait a certain amount of time before they would refill it. Seemed odd. We then started going over to the Tulum buffet and the Akumal buffet and they both were so much better than the Coba's buffet. We ate at these the rest of our stay. Wait staff still not much better though. We did tip even for the bad service at first, then I stopped unless I got service. Our stay 2 yrs ago we had excellent service tip or no tip, not this trip. That applied to all services not just restuarants.
Our room was as expected, we experienced what others are saying, some days towels, some days not. I tried to hang on to a face towel but they got it and didn't get another one for 3-4 days. Always left a tip except for 1 day (doubled next day) they didn't do hardly anything, no coffee, no towels, moved the bedspread and hard time finding it. They should take the mini fridges out, 1 beer per room, I believe I paid per person that would make it 2 people per room, but 1 beer. Had to tip to get that 1 beer also. I don't mind tipping but it makes me mad that now it is expected and they don't really have to do anything if you don't pay up. I tip for service, not to buy that service.
Towel game in full swing, what do you do! Go to Akumal or Tulum sections, they had chairs till noon, we spent our time there.
By the sound of this review you would think we really didn't like it all that much. Well, we had a wonderful time and we would definately go back. I just wanted to point out some things that management needs to pay attention to. Seems like they are slacking off and need to tighten things up. All and all these are very minor problems. I had to talk to the front desk and they were always very helpful and extremely nice. Its a beautiful resort and so much to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal