My husband and I have just returned after staying for two weeks at the Grand Sirenis Hotel & Spa as part of celebrating our 30 year wedding anniversary. We had an amazing time and were extremely happy to have spent this special occasion at such a lovely place.
From the moment we arrived, we were being taken care of through our concierge Majid. He assisted us in planning our trips and booking the a‘ la carte dining.
On arrival we were greeted with a champagne cocktails and check in was a breeze, while our bags were making their way to our suite even before we checked in. We were given a tour of the resort by the shuttle bus driver on the way to our room, which was huge. We stayed on the beach side of the resort, very quite and a fantastic base for two of the three pools, beach and the lazy river.
The Service: This is where this already great resort gets even better and truly shines. Everyone – and I mean everyone including the cleaning staff to the concierge are extremely friendly and always greeted us with a smile and great service.
The Setting: The hotel has done a beautiful job blending the structures with the natural surroundings. The landscaping is lush and tropical which gives the resort an eco-friendly appeal. It’s even more beautiful at night as they’ve incorporated lighting throughout the property in a subtle way that creates a romantic setting.
The Amenities: The pools (all 3) are wonderful and offer a variety of settings for those with differing tastes. The beach pool is an active yet very enjoyable space with pool bar and plunge pool. The service staff are extremely attentive bringing water and sunglasses cleaning. We didn’t visit the other large pool at the other side of the resort and it was a duplicate pool, activities etc as the one on the beach side. For those wanting to just chill out and relax, there is also the quiet pool just beside the beach. Our choice for sunbathing was the beach as we loved the warm breeze and water sports.
Bikes are available for guests to use during your stay, but we didn’t get around to using these as the weather was hot, hot, hot!! There’s plenty of wild life to see on the property, the little racoons are amazing.
We treated ourselves to an afternoon in the Spa. We highly recommend the water therapies and finish with a duel massage with your partner/spouse….fab-u-lous!
The Food: I’ve seen mixed reviews on the food and not sure why. Every meal we had was delicious and nicely prepared and presented. The stand outs of course are the a la carte restaurants, but the buffets are great too.
All in all we had a brilliant holiday and would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Mexico - Akumal