Stayed here over March Break last year and had a great vacation! I've been to Mexico many times over the years and to the Akumal area a few times and this hotel is comparable to any I've been to. Rooms were large and comfortable and, yes, there was smoked glass separating the Jacuzzi to the room but there were also smoked doors on both the shower and toilet area so at no point did either of us feel exposed. Room was always well cleaned and balcony had a nice view.
The Concierge service for each building was a great feature and our concierge was awesome! He always greeted us when we walked by, had lots of tips for things to do, and booked our a la cartes with no issues. Yes we did go to the time share presentation on a rainy day...it was cool to see the suites and we in no way felt pressured to buy anything. We got a free couples massage and a bottle of tequila for the few hours we gave up so we found it worthwhile and, as it was a yucky day, we didn't mind.
The resort is HUGE! Lots of cool things to see and explore. Pools are well kept and swim up bars were great! We never had issues finding chairs around the pool or getting towels. There are 3 BIG pools at this resort as well as the lazy river. We loved the lazy river and spent a lot of time down in this area as it's close to the beach bar. Beach isn't huge but there's lots going on and snorkeling isn't bad in the cove. The little Mayan ruin at the beach was really cool as well.
Lobby area was large and had comfy chairs...we spent most nights relaxing here and having a few drinks. Servers were plentiful and we never had a long wait for a drink. The theatre for shows was right beside this area so we caught most of the shows. They were entertaining.
Food was excellent. Buffets had a huge selection and the a la cartes we tried were really good as well. We went to the Mexican and the Steak House....both were good. The coffee shop was handy as well and the ice cream parlour wasn't bad either.
All in all we had a good time here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Mexico - Akumal