Visited Grand Sirenis for two weeks from April 3rd for a wedding. Location is an hour from the Airport and check-in for us was fairly chaotic, but once settled we had a lot of fun and will always have brilliant memories of the wedding we attended.
Rooms are large and spacious, but some are a long walk from the main reception complex. Booking restaurants is a challenge and whilst you're often told they're full when you walk past you'll see there are plenty of empty tables, which is a shame.
For me what the resort lacks is an intimate bar / pub which can be used in the evenings as sitting in the vast reception areas isn't the best experience.
Lots of positives for the resort, but with a little bit more care and attention this could be a fabulous resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Mexico - Akumal