Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa
US$403
US$210
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Del Sol Beachfront Hotel(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Que Onda(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
15,367 results
All reviewslazy rivermayan beachhealth barice cream parlourel ranchohole in the walla la carte restaurantsfishfrosted glassthe lion kingtime sharewater circuitquiet poolbeach barmain buffetjuice barspider monkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I dont normally do reviews but wanted to on this hotel because before we left we had read some bad reviews and got ourselves a tad worried. We are 22 and had the best holiday ever! I think most people on here like a moan! We visited 6/6/14 to 20/6/14. We booked and flew with first choice/thomsons. The transfer took about hour and 10 mins to get here, once arrived we were taken to reception to book in, it was smoothly and took less then 10 minutes while waiting we were given a ice cold drink.

The bell boys took us to our room on a golf buggy and told us our luggage wouldnt be far behind, within 15 minutes it was there. We went for a walk around the resort and something to eat and was not disappointed with our choice. Weather was beautiful throughout the trip so that was a bonus, apparently alot of rain before we arrived.

The rooms were big and clean, we had no glass between our bedroom and bathroom but that didnt bother us being a young couple, our room was 2117. Jonathon and Natalia were brilliant with us and always spoke in passing and remembered us, we booked our 6 evening meals that night with them (book early so you can get the time you want) all our meals were 7/7.30 apart from the Brazilian, but was the best one we ate in. We tried them all apart from Japanese and French. All amazing but Italian service wasn't brilliant. The buffet is normal buffet food you find in any hotel, plenty of choice. No stomach upsets, lots to try and liked their themed nights also. Big shout out to Benjamin in the Mexican restaurant, he made our night and was he was touched when we asked him for a photo as a memory and super pleased and grateful with our tip, he gave us a big cuddle and could not thank us enough.

Lazy river was good as were the pools, it was hard to get a lounger round the quiet pool but this didnt bother us as we prefered the beach and more lively pools. The beach always had sun loungers free. The bar maids were lovely remembered our drinks and brought them to us!

We done 5 excursions with thomson, the welcome meeting was fab. We dealt with Carina and Jasmine, both brilliant members of staff, Antono seemed nice too but we didnt have any dealing with him. We went on Captain Hook boat trip, defo recommended, the Silver dolphin package, Xplor, Xel-ha and Chitzen Itza. All were fabulous and coaches were always on time to get us. If you get Augustine as your guide for Chitzen Itza your in for the best day.

Our room was large, it got cleaned everyday, we tipped our maid a pound each day as she done a great job and we got towel animals every day, We couldnt wait to see what she had made us.

We were disappointed we had to pay for wifi and a safe, for an all inclusive resort you'd thought these were included, at least wifi in the lobby, we had read this online however so we had money ready for this. also the entertainment didnt start till half 9 in the evening, could of done with being earlier, but we had a pack of cards so we played games in the bar until the entertainment started. Apart from these points the holiday was fantastic, we enjoyed the hotel, the staff work hard and were all so friendly, all speak a little english. We would recommend this hotel to friends but wouldnt come back purely because we like new places, but we'd definitely try other resorts owned by sirenis in different countries.

Overall we can't complain, it was lovely clean resort with friendly staff and hardworking staff. We didnt get pushed into a time share meeting either, not one mention. We also used the spa facilities and they were fab, we got a shuttle down there and we had the water circuit followed by a couples massage and our room was transformed as a gift for booking this, we had candles and rose petels when we returned from dinner, a lovely touch. We didnt think this package was to badly priced but some of the other treatments were pricey. Luis sold us the deal on our first day, he came over and spoke us through everything, he was lovely and we felt like we could say no to him if we wanted but we are glad we booked the spa through him. If he comes over to you while sunbathing talk to him as he's lovely, he saw us on the beach 9 days later and remembered we had been and he came and sat down with us to ask how it was, really lovely touch.

Anyway i'll stop now as could go on, please don't worry about your visit to the hotel, we had a fab time and did not want to come on home.

Message me if you want to ask anything :)

Room Tip: Go to the 2001 - 2030 blocks, near the pool and ice cream bar, brilliant staff in the block to help choose meals and book spa etc. about 3/4 minute walk to all restaurants and 5 mins to the beach
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
38  Thank Charlotte24031992
Reviewed 22 June 2014

As a person without much experience with travelling. I personally taught that the Grand Sirenis was a perfect place to be on my first time in Mexico. I went with my college class and therefore we where more of a young group.

The food at the buffets was very good, but I found that there was more choice at the buffet close to the lobby than by the pool. There was also a server at the buffet close to the lobby, I believe is name was Marciel, that went out of his way to make sure we had great time. Making sure that we had enough to drink, pulling out our chair,always smiling and being so sweet. The buffet by the pool also had an ice cream place next to it, which was just amazing.The steak house also served very delicious ribs.

For the most part I didn't really take the shuttle because everything wasn't really that far. I just mostly walk to take advantage of the beautiful warm weather. The only time I took the shuttle was to go to the disco. Since it's a good 10-15 minutes walk away in a forest kinda trail. But there is always a shuttle every 15 minutes or so at the disco to pick people up. Considering the location, you cant hear the loud music in the sleeping rooms which is nice. The disco had great music, they even had some staff dancing and making sure everybody was having a good time. Plus some night the disco had a different theme which made it more fun.

The staff did an amazing job at cleaning our room and stocking our fridge. We had a very friendly concierge named Marcos Vazquez Santos. He was very kind and always ready to strike a pleasant conversation. Very resourceful when it came to explain the different attractions and villages close to the resort and even made me learn some Spanish.

Overall the Grand Sirenis was a great resort with amazing staff that made you feel like home. Would definitely return back in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Lanie05990
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned from a 2 week honeymoon trip, all I can say is I was a little weary after reading the reviews but went in with an open mind.
The staff are amazing very helpful, couldn't do enough to help you. Especially the entertainment staff Jamie and mario especially as they entertained us and made us feel welcome throughout the day and night... The hotel should be proud of these two and the staff as they work so hard!
The beach is lovely, we never once had to search for a bed was always one available and the same with the pool always us beds. Only thing I would say about the pool is people smoking in the pool is wrong, this shouldn't be allowed. We found it so wrong. But then on the other hand the cleaning staff did yet again an amazing job. We stayed in room 2922 we did originally have another room which spelt damp so spoke to reception and was moved ASAP... 2922 was brilliant room we were centre for many things and was right on the beach but quiet at the same time. Food was nice lots of variety but after a week all becomes the same. We really enjoyed are time here and are looking at returning next year hopefully. Thank you x

Room Tip: Possibly more for honeymooners as it's such a special time and we weren't really acknowledged.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jaynexx
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a family vacation (6 adults) with my family's RCI timeshare exchange. The timeshare rooms with RCI are nice and close to the pool and lobby. We were in building 1600 which we thought was great to be close enough to everything, but far enough from the pool which plays loud music during the day (so if you want a mid day siesta then you don't want to be close to it). The resort is large which is fine for us as we love walking and burning off the food calories (it is an all inclusive so you could potentially eat a lot, we didn't and I will get to that soon). The grounds are beautiful and the staff is pleasant and helpful.
Pools and Beach -- Their are plenty of pool and beach chairs so we never had an issue for the 6 of us to sit together. The pool bar serves descent drinks, but you have to ask the bartender to make is strong if you want is to taste like an actual drink. The beach is rocky so bring your water shoes. You can snorkel in the beach so bring your masks and fins and you'll enjoy the fish and coral.
Restaurants -- Okay so we have been to 7 all inclusive and I'm sorry to say, this was not our best experience with the meals. The buffets for breakfast and lunch do not change and the better buffet is in the lobby (Tulum). We had a great waiter Beto and he helped to make dining pleasant. So the food - the hamburgers I sure aren't all beef (and if they are they don't taste like it). The hotdogs are pink and taste weird. If your expecting taco stations (as we were) they only have it once a week and this is one of the better meals. The rest of the buffet was not exciting. A la cart restaurants -- the better ones were the Japanese and the Brazilian. The only issue with the Brazilian is the service was super slow. The meats were good. I asked for two pieces of the filet and the waiter asked me if I was sure I wanted a second piece since more food was coming, I said YES. I'm glad I did because the chicken and sausage I didn't like and glad I had a second piece of filet. Avoid the Italian at all cost. The food was terrible and two tables even left in the middle of the meal, because it was not good. They also have a cafe that makes great coffee near the restaurants, definitely have one.
Night shows -- the dancers work very hard, but the shows are not good. The best show is the circus show on Friday and they bring an outside company to perform. They need to revamp the entertainment.
Overall a relaxing vacation as the weather was great, but we will not be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank an0802
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend did our first holiday together in Mexico and stayed at the Grand Sirenis. We were quite nervous before we went as we'd seen some bad reviews on here but honestly our biggest piece of advice would be IGNORE THE BAD REVIEW because some people just love to moan for no reason!! We never had any trouble from the moment we got to the hotel to the moment we left! Everything was lovely and it Is a beautiful resort. I love the wildlife. Our balcony overlooked the el rancho pool and whilst in the afternoon it could get a bit rowdy with people having been drinking all day we never experienced any violence or anything bad it was simply people being on holiday and having a good time. 99% of the staff were friendly. There was the odd one that was a bit moody maybe but overall lovely. The staff in the Brazilian restaurant were ace! And all the bar staff in the main lobby's. The spa is lovely and so relaxing. We did the chichen itza excursion and xcaret which were both amazing! And we did the dolphin swim. We booked all of these with the travel . reps for Thomson on site shout out to Carina and Jasmine who were both very good and helpful!

My only negative comments would be we felt the entertainment started a bit late at 9.30 but that was just our personal opinion because we ate around 7 and then had to wait around until the entertainment started. And we feel the hotel just needs updating In certain parts a little. But we just want to assure you that none of this will affect your holiday!

We had a great and wonderful time and would go back in a heart beat and would book with Thomson again.

We stayed in room 1021 and we liked this room it was right by the main lobby and the theatre and the pool.

Happy holidays everyone! Don't hesitate to book this hotel and don't listen to the stupid comments only people's genuine ones.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple