This was our first visit to this hotel, and even to Mexico; and what a brilliant visit it was! We stayed for 2 weeks, flying with Thomson on the 26th May and returning on the 10th June 2014.
Check in was on the slow side, but when we were greeted we were offered two rooms in two completely different locations which was a nice touch, and was given a map of the hotel and all the information we needed.
The rooms were brilliant; so much space! We stayed in the Kajun building which was next to the beach and the views were outstanding. The bed itself was extremely comfortable, our room had a divider between the bathroom and the actual room which was not a problem, but for people who travel as a family/friends; I can understand those rooms without the divider; why it would be a huge problem. The jacuzzi bath was very relaxing if you were sunburnt but did take a while to fill up.
The food, was incredible! My boyfriend who is extremely fussy ate anything and everything! The only downfall I would say is that the Italian a la carte, was not up to standards as some of the other a la cartes. However definitely try out the steakhouse and the Japanese restaurants as the service and food was fantastic. The buffet staff were fantastic, as soon as we sat down they would waiter on your straight away with water and any other refreshments you wanted.
The weather was very temperamental! We had one week of pure sunshine- where temperatures soared; however there was a thunderstorm, where it rained 3 days straight which made it extremely difficult to walk around the hotel as it was very slippery so be careful!
The animation team were brilliant. Very friendly and welcoming and the evening shows were excellent. Obviously they will not cater to every-bodies taste, but we enjoyed the Lion King and all of the pre-shows were hilarious.
Location: The hotel is not near any bars as the hotel itself does provide everything you need! If you wanted to leave the hotel and explore then Playa Del Carman was only a taxi ride away and I think it cost roughly 285 pesos, Akumal down the road was cheaper and the taxi prices are set prices so you cant get ripped off which for me, was a huge plus as it made me feel that extra bit safer.
On the whole, this was one of my favourite holidays and I will definitely be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Mexico - Akumal