This was our first trip to mexico and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The hotel was fantastic in many ways and the staff were so friendly. Special mention to Ruben, Natalia and Jonathon (our concierges) for their support and help during the holiday - they were all so helpful.
The pool staff and waiting staff were always smiling and made you feel very welcome.
The only criticism would be the food. With the exception of the a la carte Brazilian and Japanese restaurants, the food was very average. I would not recommend the Mexican a la carte or steak house - these were simply awful.
Overall though - would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Mexico - Akumal