Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa
US$308
Bookit.com
US$340
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Coba(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$168
US$392
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$170
15,494 results
All reviewslazy rivermayan beachhealth barice cream parlourel ranchohole in the walla la carte restaurantsfishfrosted glassthe lion kingtime sharewater circuitquiet poolbeach barmain buffetjuice barspider monkeys
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've traveled to mexico numerous times. We go in a big group and nothing less than best for us. This hotel could be a lot better. I didn't like the fact that I was always being up sold to everything. First off I had to wait 6 hours in the lobby for a room. When I was given my room it was on the far side of the resort and with double beds for my wife and I. When I asked for a king they immediately offered me a room in VIP area for $500 more. Than worked down to $200. Shuttle services are disgusting as you will only get service if you buy into VIP packages or stop them and offer a tip. Now trust me when I say I get what I pay for. This resort is nothing short than " a Chevy car dressed out to be a Ferrari ". I've paid good money only to have the worst time of my life. I love mexico and been to the Mayan many times. This resort us a sham!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Oscar H
Grandrivieramaya, Assistant Manager at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi Oscar H,

First of all, thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us. I would like to go over them to clarify some aspects.

About the king bed requested, we always try to please all our guests’ requests, unfortunately we cannot guarantee a king bed room as there are subject to availability. I will say that as part of the welcome, when available, our guests are offered the opportunity to view / purchase room upgrades.

On the other hand, I’m really sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with the shuttle services; the golf carts are a service thought to help you with your luggage at your arrival and departure. We try to limit their use for your own safety and comfort and for that reason we do count with a shuttle service that goes around the resort by the exterior path of the buildings and takes you to the Spa during day time and to the disco at night time.

I hope I have helped you with my answer and that all the points you have gone over, giving a second thought, have not been as bad as you think they have.

Thanks again for your comments. Hoping to see you again, receive my greetings in the name of Grand Sirenis’ staff.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Buffet was average to good, seemed to vary in quality daily but there was plenty of different foods available, the breakfast buffet in the lobby was by far the best buffet on offer, followed by lunch then dinner.

Restaurants were nearly all brilliant with the pick of the bunch the french and japanese, although the italian was shockingly bad but we expected this based on reviews. We only went as we had no other restaurants available at the time. Should have just done the buffet, avoid at all costs.

Had some problems here and there with reservations, not specifically on myself but members of my family, found this to be pretty poor from staff.

At the brazillian restaurant the manager couldn't find our booking despite having a table set for 21 people which coincidently was how many of us there was. After 25 mins they managed to work out that our name was in spanish instead of english but by this time it was too late and half the family was going to coco bongo's later that night and couldn't afford to waste time waiting around and had to eat in the buffet. No apology or complimentary drinks such as bottles of wine were offered for the mistake and half the family never got to eat in the brazillian as there was no available bookings for the rest of the week.

Resort was spotless and the rooms were excellent. Had no complaints on this part although you could say the maids were a little too eager to get in and clean the room, even when the do not disturb sign was on the door.

A special thanks goes to Victoriano who supplied towels at our pool. Probaly the friendliest face of the lot and kept us entertained whenever we were playing table tennis.

Also Clemente behind the bar seemed to go that little bit further than the rest to ensure you were happy with your drink etc.

Overall I would happily return, had the service in some situations been better it would have been 5 out of 5.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 22 July 2014

From my booking to the end of our holiday, we had a fanatic holiday, who has Dolphins attached to there hotel .
Food, room and staff were just great, entertainment of a evening was not up to much, but everything made up for this.
The hotel had a members club which had there own transport beds at the pool and this sometimes did make you feel a second class citizen.

But I would go back tomorrow .

Room Tip: Seaview rooms perfect view and near to pools
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharon H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I don't normally write reviews but I think this hotel deserves one. Myself and my partner arrived on 4th July for 2 weeks.

I was ten week pregnant when I travelled to mexico so was concerned when I had been reading about the stomach cramps and illnesses Etc. However, during my two week stay I was not ill once. I used some common sense and used bottled water when brushing my teeth. There was always plenty of choice in the buffet restaurants which meant that even a fussy pregnant woman had food to eat every day.

A la carte
We visited the a la carte restaurants on 8 different occasions. Those who are saying that they where always full because of premier members are talking rubbish as we always got the restaurants we requested providing we booked on the Wednesday when the bookings open (which was recommended by our concierge). During our stay we visited the Italian 3 times, the steak house twice, the Brazilian, Cajun and Mexican. We didn't go to the French or the Japanese (this was through personal choice). The waiters in the restaurants work extremely hard to ensure that you enjoy your experience. The waiters seat you when you arrive in the restaurant as they have a certain number of tables to see to. During two of the visits I witnessed two very rude Canadian families on separate occasions that walked straight in and TOLD the waiter where yet would be sitting. These a people like you and me and are not there to be treated like crap you have stood on. A special mention to Osceil who always made our visits to the Italian a pleasurable experience. The food in the Italian is amazing. The Brazilian is also best nice and Alverto was also extremely friendly and polite during out visit. The steak house food is good ( not the same quality as a steak house at home as some have mentioned but after all you are in Mexico and NOT an American steakhouse. The Cajun and Mexican where the least favourite but still the waiters where friendly and always on hand to offer advice.

Concierge
Where do I start! When we arrived we received a telephone call from Jonathan who introduced himself and invited us to visit him to book our a la carte meals. The next day once we had settled in we visited the concierge and was greeted by Jonathan and Natalia both where very friendly and interested to hear about ourselves. Jonathan booked us in for 4 a la carte restaurants and advised us to come back the following Wednesday to book the remaining week worth of visits. First visit to concierge-great impressions! Now over the next few days we said Hola as we walked past the concierge desk but didn't feel the need for any further assistance. This is where our experience turned sour. During the start of our second week our usual concierge where having a few days off. They were replaced with another man and woman. Who I didn't get the names of. One day our hairdryer wasn't working so we informed the concierge, they wrote this down and then proceeded to tell us about the spa's 50th birthday and informed us that along with 14 other couples we had been selected for a gourmet breakfast and massage in the spa. I had previously read about the hard sell timeshare and informed her that we wouldn't be taking her up on her kind offer. She proceeded to ask us did we own a home, how much was it worth, what our jobs where etc etc. We politely told her we was going to the pool and didn't want to attend the massage. She continued to try to sell this fake day of luxury to us. After around 30 minutes we said we were going and walked off. Over the next 3 days she asked us everyday what day we wanted to visit the spa. I continued to tell her we wouldn't be going and informed her I couldn't have massages as I was pregnant. She said she would give us $100 to spend in the hotel. Still we declined. She continued mithering. When she wasn't mithering she would talk in Spanish and look at us when we walked past and give us dirty looks. We complained about this during our second week after we had resorted to walking on the road at the back of the hotel to avoid the constant nagging. Following our complaint we received a phone call from a manger or sorts who said this was not what the concierge job was. However, I do believe they are put up to this as they kept mentioning points and financial rewards. Maybe if management didn't insist on such a hard sell they would get better reviews. This truly damaged our experience at the hotel. It may sound far fetched but we booked the holiday as a last relaxing holiday as a couple before our baby arrives and where subjected to constant harassment. We did receive a romantic set up of the room (with candles, bath ran, rose petals, towel art and champagne) and an extra night at the a la carte restaurant. This was a nice gesture from management but the hard sale shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Overall, if the harassment hadn't have ruined our experience. It would have been an amazing holiday. Pools and good where off good standard. Hotel grounds and rooms where immaculate and MOST staff where extremely friendly and polite and work extremely hard.

Tips
Staff are paid probably minimum wage so rely on tips to boost their wages. It is greatly deserved by most and is also greatly appreciated.

Lovely hotel just consider the timeshare when visiting and be cautious of any 'free' gifts that are offered. Use some common sense if you don't want to be tied in to a 25 week time share for over 10 grand don't go on the free breakfast. Like the saying goes "nothing in this life is free". Be adamant your not attending and you will be fine

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Nicward90
Grandrivieramaya, Assistant Manager at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hi Nicward90,

Thank you for your time and we are very sorry to hear that this time you were not 100% satisfied with your stay.

Regarding the concierges’ job, is to offer information and customer service according to your needs, they help, for instance, getting oriented the first days or making restaurant reservations. Besides, for those who want to acquire a supplement to their holidays or just get informed of how it works they do give information about our membership, however it is not a time share and they don’t receive such amount of money.

On the other hand, I am happy to know you enjoyed our food quality, it is pleasing to note your positive comments, I will be sure to let the team members know that their efforts are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed, especially to Osceil and Alberto.

I hope that despite of this situation they afford us the opportunity to serve them again at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

Ps. Congratulations on your new baby!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Second week of July, 2014, whole my family, my wife, my two daughters and I spent a week at Grand Sirenis. I liked about the property the following: close to the beach, outdoor pools, lazy river, beach has sandy access to the sea, variaty of beach activities (snorkelling, scuba diving, canoeing, etc.), beautiful plants, and friendly wildlife, hotel dolphinarium . The only thing I didn't like that the gym and was too far from the hotel. Staff was very friendly and approachable. The food however was, to my opinion, hit and miss in regards to restaurants A La Carte: whole my family didn't like El Rancho stake house (We went to three A La Carte restaurants and the best to my opinion out of three was El Patio, Mexican cuisine). Also, the buffets did not attach us with a variety, which one would expect from 5 stars hotel (I would give 3 stars max for the food and restaurants).
The best of all was entertainment. The "Animaciones" made me feel like a part of the show virtually and physically. I will not forget the fun whole my family had watching Charlie, Jaimie, Carlos, Daniel, Mario and other guys. My kids still remind me how they dance with Diana and Denise. Good job guys!!!
Overall, we had a good time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrei S

Hola Andrei S,

Thank you so much for staying at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya and for taking the time to share your comments with all the community.

Talking about the buffet I would like to explain we have more than 50 options of cold and hot dishes plus a pasta, fish and meat show-cooking every day. I feel sorry you didn’t enjoy it as much as we would have liked.

On the other hand, I am happy to know you enjoyed our pools, the lazy river, the beach, and the animation activities, it is pleasing to note your positive comments, I will be sure to let the team members know that their efforts are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed, specially to Charlie, Jamie, Carlos, Daniel, Mario, Diana, Denise and all your friends that you made at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

Our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one. I sincerely hope that you will return to Mexico many more times to have to opportunity to welcome you home.