We spent 11 nights at the hotel in July. The grounds and pool areas are very well maintained and beautiful. There are 3 pools -one a quiet pool where you can relax which is also quite shaded and two pools where activities take place during the day. The animation team are very friendly and try to cater for most people -although the vast majority of participants are teenagers-so if you have a teenage family I am sure Jamie,Carlos and Mario will keep them entertained. The entertainment at night is typical hotel fair-kiddie disco, crazy game and then a show such as Grease,Lion King etc. The quality of the food and drink in the hotel is very good-the buffet can be a bit repetitive but they do try and theme it with Oriental and Mexican nights-in fact the Mexican buffet in the main restaurant is much better than the Mexican A La Carte which I thought was very poor...so I would not waste an A La Carte dining experience on the Mexican restaurant. Our favourite restaurant by far was the Japanese.,closely followed by the Mediterranean. These do get booked quite quickly so I would recommend booking with the concierge as soon as you arrive so you are not disappointed.
Now the criticisms-the rooms are quite dated-very noisy air-conditioning-which we had to switch off in order to sleep, the locks on our door failed on three occasions-and were never fixed-which resulted in security being called to change batteries...3 times in 4 days??? The showers and tiling are in need of upgrading to bring it to the standard of a 5 star resort.
Large complex -very busy-I would not recommend it as a romantic destination....but suited to young couples or families with older children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Mexico - Akumal