My husband and i stayed at the grand sirenis for a 2 week holiday. Wow, what a place. Felt like we'd landed in paradise. We had a lovely champagne welcome before check in. Check in was quick and easy with no problems. Husband requested a quiet room which we had. Lovely spacious room with jacuzzi and massage shower. Rooms were immaculate and a well stocked mini bar and fridge.
The food was a big plus for us dh is a big protein eater and there was a huge choice of food. The buffet restaurant was great with so much choice every day. We also attended 3 a la carte restaraunts each week as part of our all inclusive. The japanese and steak house were brilliant. Also went to cajun and brazillian which were equally as nice. There is a lovely coffee house which was great for unwinding in after a hot day in the sun. Soft drinks and alcholic drinks were plentiful with international brands available as well.
The pool areas and beach were immaculate and areas for everyone whether looking for quiet, or areas for joining in the fun. The staff were great and bent over backwards to help you and were always extremely welcoming. We were asked to attend a premier vacation meeting to try and sell something like time share, we pleasantly said we weren't interested and were never hassled once about it after that. Alot of activity programmes were put on if you wanted to get involved, shooting, archery, tennis, volleyball, spanish lessons etc
The hotels are built around the old jungle areas so there is alot of wildlife and plants/trees around the complex. The lizards and iguanas are fascinating and come up really close. Be sure to take deet as there can be alot of mosquitos at times.
The hotel is spread over a large area, once you get your bearings you find short cuts however there is shuttles which will pick you up outside your room and take you around.
Overall a fabulous holiday and we would love to return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Mexico - Akumal