16,543 results
All reviews lazy river mayan beach ice cream parlour el rancho health bar hole in the wall a la carte restaurants fish frosted glass the lion king time share quiet pool water circuit beach bar main buffet spider monkeys each block
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Having booked this all inclusive pretty last minute, I was instantly impressed when driving into such a grand resort. You could quickly tell it was well looked after, the grounds are so pretty.
We arrived earlier than the check in time at 11am, and were told to come back at 3pm. We were also asked for a small fee to cover an eco tax, which we weren’t told about at the time of booking so that was annoying. We went back to reception at 3, to wait until 3.45pm until they’d finished cleaning the room, which was a waste of time as we were gagging to get in their pools and in the sun! So impressed with the room. We’d booked a superior junior suite and it looked exactly like the photos we’d seen online (which is quite rare!) the bed was huge, super comfy, and clean. There was a massive jacuzzi bath which was awesome as the water was always hot. The shower was equally as good, powerful and always hot water. Free mini bar which was stocked up with a few beers and soft drinks everyday. Absolutely no complaints with the room and would highly recommend to book one of the newly renovated rooms.
The reason I couldn’t give a 5/5 was that we really struggled with Concierge. My assumption is they are meant to make your stay more enjoyable, easier and provide info. Firstly, he knocked on the bedroom door when I was on my own wearing my bath robe as I’d just jumped into the bath. I shouted out that I was in the bath but I don’t think he understood. When I opened the door, clearly half way through a bath, he came straight in To the room and explained about light switches and a long list of things that I’d already worked out. I asked that he came back when my partner returned, or that we would chat later after my bath and again he didn’t seem to understand and carried on trying to sell me things.
The same person then called our room phone at 7.30am the next morning to speak with my partner. We were so angry that it woke us up, really tired after a long journey. I asked they please don’t call again before 9!
When trying to book into one of the a la carte restaurants, we had a nightmare. First day Was told to come back the second day as we weren’t showing on the booking system yet. On the 2nd day, we returned to the told the same thing, and again on our 3rd day. By this point I said how silly it was because we were unable to book any of them and was told it didn’t matter as they were all fully booked anyway. However when my partner asked another concierge in another block, we were offered 3 time slots that night.
The main buffet was good- a full range for breakfast lunch and dinner. There is plain simple food such as rice, French fries etc and also have themed nights and have such a huge range. I have a dairy intolerance and the chef was great and walked me round every meal to show me which I could and couldn’t have.
Pool area - great! Although we only hung around at the adults/ quiet pool as the others a bit too noisy for us. Amazing service, always being asked if we want more drinks.
Overall I would recommend this place, something for everyone.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
14  Thank kjrbeck33
Grandrivieramaya, Assistant Manager at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hola kjrbeck33,

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we would like to thank you for sharing your positive review.

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your concierge during your stay. Please be assured that we have shared your feedback with the Concierge Manager to avoid similar situations in the future.

We hope that despite of these situation you afford us the opportunity to serve you again at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Went for Christmas and new year.
Lovely clean hotel. Staff amazing and friendly and always there to help. Rooms lovely. Our cleaner was amazing and did a fab job everyday.
Food lovely in the restaurants. Loved the lazy river, pool parties and coffee shop.
New year eves day was brilliant. Food gorgeous and evening entertainment was amazing. We travelled with 2 teenage girls who loved all the parties.
We have been to many hotels but these guys were fab and made our holiday. Romeo, Jesus and Diego were very good and very funny.
We can not wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ajwa1000

Hola ajwa1000

In the name of all the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya, we want to express our gratitude for contribute with this amazing review.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed so much the time spent at our hotel. Thanks for appreciated the efforts and job of the staff, we will pass all your inspiring comments to them.

We are very happy to hear that you are looking forward to return to the hotel so do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Firstly we stayed in a superior junior suite so cannot comment on the other rooms. Our room was spacious, clean and modern. The mini bar was mostly fully stocked daily. We required a travel cot and upon our arrival asked for one and it arrived shortly after. We was on the top floor which I am pleased about as I think it might of been abit noisy on the bottom floor. The concierge's Julio and Rubi contacted us on the first morning to arrange our restaurant reservations. We wasn't pushed to attend the time share meeting which I am pleased about as this was one of my concerns after reading previous reviews.

The food in all the restaurants was of a very good standard. Our favourite was the Japanese and Mediterranean. The breakfast in the buffet was very good as previously reviewers have said. We always had lunch from the beach bbq or the steak house and was always very tasty. The coffee shop was always busy but made very nice coffee.

This hotel is large and be prepared to walk but we loved this aspect. We never struggled finding a sun lounger by any of the pools or beach (we didn't put our towels out until 10-11am most days). The hotel is maintained constantly. The entertainment team work very hard getting people involved and they are so good with the kids. Our kids were abit too young to get involved but they enjoyed the pirate show and Three Kings day. All the hotel staff work so hard and are a credit to the hotel.

We saw lots of wildlife on the resort, including the spider monkeys which our little boy loved. We didn't visit the dolphins even though our kids would of loved it I'm sure, but I would rather they visit wild dolphins.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank m0rgank

Hola m0rgank,

We are happy that you enjoyed all the great services, facilities and staff that we offer in Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

We would like to thank you, on behalf of every employee at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

Please do not forget that we will be pleased to welcome you back at any time.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Ten family members stayed at the Grand Sirenis Jan. 5 - 8, the most awesome vacation. Grandkids ages 4, 6 and 8 loved it!! The Kid's Club couldn't have been better and the staff Karina, Aline and Fernanda were amazing, the kids couldn't wait to get there every day. If you are looking for a resort for a family vacation with children I would highly recommend the Grand Sirenis, fantastic kid's club, lazy river, pool fun, great snorkelling, staff throughout the resort were so friendly and helpful. The Spa was also amazing and well worth a massage and hydro-therapy. The girls had their hair braided and it was so reasonable, great way to end the vacation. Would definitely go back in a minute!!!!! Oh, lots of wildlife including a monkeys (one with its baby), toucans, and all wild!!!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Heather L

Hola Heather L,

What a nice review, we are pleasant to know that you had an enjoyable stay at our property and thank you very much for sharing your thoughts here with others.

Nothing makes us happier than reading that our team provided you with exceptionally friendly & accommodating service.

We cannot wait to welcome you and your family back again.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We booked a 7 day Air Canada Vacation Package at this Resort in the Superior Junior Suite. Upon Arrival we were offered an "upgrade" from Mayan Beach Junior Suite to the Riviera Maya Superior Suite. I showed the front dest staff that we had a confirmation for what he was trying to sell us. He said that Air Canada didn't book that so he could not give it to us. Later he changed and said even if he wanted to he didn't have any rooms available as the whole resort was full. It took 3 days of frustration and speaking to Air Canada Rep and hotel staff to get our full package. The maddening part is that the staff tried to sell us what we had a confirmation for. Then he lied and said he no availability. All we wanted was what we had booked and had paper to prove it. Each time we would call the front desk or any of the services no one would answer the phone. When you did reach them they couldn't help but would always say at the end. Is there anything else I can help you with today? As if they had helped you when all they did was delay tactics. We spent 1/2 of our time in the lobby or on the phone. We have travelled all over the world and have never seen such manipulative behaviour in a Hotel business. Anywhere else would have fixed the situation immediately. Not here. I will never go the the Mayan Riviera again. There are too many other beautiful places in the world filled with beautiful people that will treat us with honesty and kindness.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank maritimegal45
Grandrivieramaya, Assistant Manager at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Hello maritimegal45,

Thank you for let us know your impressions about your stay at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

Please accept our most sincere apologies, for the information that was provided to you and for the rest of your comments, we have taken each one of them up to the involved manager in order to improve the service and avoid this kind of situations in the future.

We will want the chance to serve you again.