Free cancellation until 25/07
US$405
US$152
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$262/night.

US$367
US$310
US$258
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Grand Bahia Principe Coba(Akumal)(Great Value!)
15,760 results
All reviewslazy rivermayan beachice cream parlourhealth barel ranchohole in the walla la carte restaurantsfishfrosted glassthe lion kingtime sharewater circuitbeach barquiet pooljapanese restaurantmain buffeteach block
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The headline should just about sum it up. We love this resort so much we vacationed there 3 times in a 8 month period and are going back In Jan 2019 making that 4 time in less than a year. The resort is beautiful and well taking care, the food is great, they have a wide variety of beverages , but in our opinion the interaction we have with all the staff members is what makes our trip. I cannot begin to thank the staff enough for their outstanding service and dedication to their professions. Right from check-in ,bell-hops, bartenders, wait staff and of course the amazing concierge, this resort is nothing less than outstanding. I would like to give special thanks to Daniel, Omar, Checko, Paola, Liz and Rubi, the most amazing concierge( Friends) people we have encountered. Bartenders Quino and Hugo all though very professional were also amazing at their crafts serving up most delicious drinks and entertaining us with their great senses of humour . Wait staff were equally amazing at there jobs never leaving us wanting for anything and waiting on us very professionally and efficiently Jose luis whom we've had as our server on previous vacations again was outstanding! Also special Hola to Cristian our great Spanish teacher, what a awesome guy! Management should give these people a huge thank you for making a lasting impression on us as well as all of their other staff. Grand Sirenis is truly our home away from home and its the staff is why we keep returning. See you again in Jan 2019 amigos :)

Room Tip: We ve been all over the resort but our fav was building 17. Upper floors usually means less bugs!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Dave E
Grandrivieramaya, Assistant Manager at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Dave E.

We are pleased that you found our Resort beautiful and that you liked food, beverage variety, the staff kindness, especially Daniel, Omar, Checo, Paola, Liz and Rubi from Concierge department, Quino, Hugo and José Luis from F&B department and Cristian, we will gladly pass on to them your comments and tell them that they are doing a good job.

It will be a pleasure to have you again home.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My title says it all. This was my 11th time to Sirenis, usually I go with my family once a year but I just couldn’t resist to go back again. To start off with this is a very family friendly resort, they have many activities and lots to do everyday. The entertainment team is awesome, I’m so glad they brought back Dany Boy, a special thanks to Will and Romeo for always being so kind. They are a huge part of what makes this vacation so fun and memorable. Also a big big thanks to Carlos Batani and Mariana, they are the reason we have such an excellent stay, they always make sure everything is just how we like it. Next all the staff is very friendly and attentive, look for Miguel and Beto in the dining area upstairs! As you can see the people are a huge part of what makes your stay so enjoyable,they have all become our Mexican family. Overall this resort has everything to make your stay as fun as it can be. Being someone who studies Hospitality Management and Tourism this place definitely meets all my expectations and even exceeds them. I can’t wait to go back, I miss them all already!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank eszter_nagy98

Hello eszter_nagy98.

We would like to thank you for your review and your loyalty for the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya. It is always a pleasure to have you home.

We pleasant to know that you enjoyed the activities that we have to offer, the staff kindness, especially Dany Boy, Will y Romeo from the Entertainment team, Carlos the Inhouse Manager and Mariana from Guest Service, Miguel and Beto from F&B department.

It honors us to receive such a compliment and encourages us to continue exceeding our clients’ expectations.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Book a trip here June 5th till 12th check in was fast. The room was a superior junior suite with WiFi and safe in bacabs building rooms 1121 and 1123 great location. The bed was very good.The buffet was ok but usually same food everyday except theme nights. The reserve restaurants where good. The Japanese was great. The steak, Brazilian,and Mexican was good. The bars at the beach and pools served local brands of liquor. If you wanted top shelf you would have to go to the bars in lobby,sports bar, and sky bar. The concierge persons where helpful and Miguel was great. All the employees nice. The beach had lot of seaweed but this is nature. There where workers every day trying to clear the seaweed. Was able to use the beach in one of the bays there which didn’t have seaweed. Overall good vacation would come back one day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael J

Hello Michael J.

Thank your for publishing your review on TripAdvisor about the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

We are verry happy you enjoyed the accommodations, good location, buffets, the À la Carte Restaurants, the beach bars, the amiability of the staff members, especially Miguel from Concierge department.

We like the idea of having you back in our hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not a five star or platinum hotel! Tired subpar 3* resort.

Stayed here for two weeks as a young couple from the 06/06/2018 through to the 20/06/2018 and we most definitely will not be returning.

Was especially wary prior to coming having read some of the negative reviews.
To begin at the start- initial impressions upon arriving was “wow” however as you get closer you notice the signs of wear and tear on the buildings. Not what you would expect from a 5* hotel!! Check in was a joke- took at least 40 mins to get through check in despite having 5-6 staff on front counter. Only offered one drink in the blistering sun. As having upgraded rooms prior to coming to one of the “refurbished” suites we had high hopes. Similarly to the hotel in general initial wow but shoddy finishes in the bedroom (I.e very old broken patio door which did not lock and worn furniture.) Similarly the bathroom was I desperate need of replacement with stained bath, poor shower tiling and rust stains around sink. Having previously stayed in 5* hotels extensively this is unacceptable and more becoming of a subpar 3* hotel. The jacuzzi bath was a nice touch and worked fine but did take a long time to fill. The room was clean enough on arrival but not spotless. Bedding was not changed during our stay despite spilled drink on one some of the bedding it was only remade. Fresh towels daily which is a positive. View from balcony was of trees which was a nice. Although occasionally we could smell rotting seaweed from our balcony which was annoying. Air-con could be better as the lowest temp it goes is 19c and it isn’t particularly strong. I find it hard to believe that only upgraded rooms come with a safe and WiFi as standard- again unacceptable for a 5* resort. WiFi is extremely hit and miss- even in the lobby. I’ve read and heard of multiple reports of thefts in the hotel from staff and honestly it wouldn’t surprise me. Was very anxious about leaving money in the safe. I would go as far as to say the hotel doesn’t feel particularly safe at night due to its immense size. As for room service we did not order but for a platinum resort I’d expect more than hotdogs and burgers in the all inclusive package. The minibar was ok for our needs but two bottles of beer and some soft drinks is all you get without paying extra.

The food at this hotel was by far the largest let down and varied from being outright inedible to average- multiple upset stomachs from both the buffet and the al la cartes. Buffet had a huge variety of food but was usually cold- lukewarm and bland. The claim that this resort has two buffet restaurants is entirely false they are just one huge u-shaped buffet which is replicated on each side. Multiple nights where only one side was in use. Long waits for freshly cooked meat and fish. Al la cartes were disgusting- avoid the Italian at all costs, steakhouse incapable of cooking steak rare and poor choice of sides (very small portion of mashed potato and was rudely told that fries aren’t allowed unless there are children in your dining party.)The exception to al last cartes was the Japanese which was good fun and overall quite tasty but the main dishes were very salty and only tasted of soy sauce. The service in the buffet from waiting staff was very poor- multiple nights where no staff even gave us water or asked for drinks. This is inexcusably bad service and it would be unfair to even describe this as 3*. I’ve had better service at a Premier Inn! Huge variety of cocktails but hit and miss with execution (notable example being a strawberry daiquiri which could have stripped paint!) Given lukewarm and flat soft drinks multiple times. The beach BBQ shack is good for lunch and snacks. The ice cream Parlour is pitiful. Staff are friendly but only occasionally serves more than 3 flavours. Also this is the only pool where you can get ice cream which I personally find unacceptable for a 5* resort.

The beach could be nice but is unusable given the seaweed problem. I accept that this is not the hotels fault naturally but having asked other people from nearby hotels which are able to clear it up overnight I fail to be impressed by the attempts made at this resort. We are talking 4 men with a wheelbarrow trying to clear a whole beach like c’mon! The pools are fun and each have a different character. The pool with the ice cream place is by far the most lively but good fun- found it difficult to get sun loungers here though until later on in the day. The pool next to the steakhouse was our usual and was OK. The other lagoon style pool was quiet and nice to relax in. No bar which serves alcohol or soft drinks which i think is poor. Also poorly planned area for sun loungers as almost all are either in the shade or covered in falling leaves. All pools are in need of maintenance and a good clean. Saw multiple plastic cups floating around which is hardly encouraging. Pool toilets are all far too dark and an accident waiting to happen as the floor is always covered in water. Also the toilets next to the steakhouse do seem to smell like sewage. The pools are the only part which I could see potentially as being a 5* feature if they were better maintained. As a positive I did see some staff cleaning the pool but while people were in it which I don’t consider hygienic at all.

A monumental negative was how ill-equipped the hotel is to deal with rain. Rained for almost 5 days when we were here and the hotel could be best described as an ice rink. Saw somebody fall over in the swamp that became the lobby seating area. I almost fell over multiple times on the wet floors. Outside our room a puddle of water formed which meant our shoes almost always got wet. No attempts were made to clear it. Shuttle buses are a joke and we only ever saw members only shuttle buses which were always empty while the vast majority had to walk to the lobby in rain and eat dinner while wet.
Furthermore while the grounds of the hotel are well maintained and the indoor public areas are clean but the hotel is a bit of a tripping hazard due to uneven paving stones/ cobbles.

Entertainment was OK- variety of musical shows- dancing similar in the ones we saw but overall the entertainment is your holiday standard. However the resort lacks other kinds of nighttime entertainment with their only being the main show and a singer at the rooftop bar which we found to have some of the worst customer service we have ever encountered. I.e. the level where the bar staff just stare at you and don’t ask what drink you would even like. It is clear th estate at this resort favour those who tip. I have no issue with tipping if I feel the service is good but I draw the line at tipping where the service is extremely poor. Personally I found the market which comes to the back of the entertainment venue every 3 or so days to be intrusive and the sellers quiet rude. You are unable to pass through without being bombarded by people.

To summarise do not come to this resort if you want a relaxing stay in a 5* resort. This a tired subpar 3* resort at best. I am at a loss as to how TUI have came to classify this as 5* let alone a platinum 5* resort. The best advise i can give is to just book another hotel if I’m being truthful. I will not be returning and cannot fathom why anybody would want to return.

Stayed: June 2018
20  Thank JamesReeve

Hello JamesReeve.

Thank you for shere your comments and suggestions about the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya, they give us the opportunity to know which services and facilities we can improve.

We are glad you enjoyed the beautiful views, the amenities, the Japanese Restaurant, the beach BBQ, pools, our grounds and the night entertainment.

It is understandable that we cannot always be the best for everyone´s discerning tastes and unfortunately we do not have the power to change an average weather, but we will continue to strive to meet and exceed our offering for all those who visit our destination.

All your comments have been taken in consideration by the involved managers in order to improve the service and avoid similar situations in the future.

We would love to have another opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for two weeks starting from the 6th of June. Overall the holiday good however this was first time staying at a 5 star hotel and I can say that it did not live up to the expectation I was anticipating and hoped for. The two main features that let the hotel down massively is the staff and the food. From the moment we arrived until we departed the staff were a main issue in this hotel. Check in took ages despite there being numerous staff at the reception, many looked as if they didn't know what they were doing, however this was made up through being took to our room via golf cart by a very polite member of staff. The staff in the buffet on the other hand were miserable and ignorant and often unpleasant to be around - a simple smile and greeting doesn't hurt. On two occasions our drinks order was taken and by the time we had finished our food they had not been brung over, often the staff are just chatting and doing nothing and not once was conversation made by any. On the other hand the staff in the a la carte were polite and pleasant to be around. The staff at bar below the Mayan beach lobby were also very good, especially the waitresses taking orders for drinks meaning we very rarely had to go to the bar to get our own, which is a plus as in my opinion there should be a lot more waitresses around the pool and at other bars taking drinks orders as often around the pool they would ask us for drinks and we would often be waiting up to half an hour just to get it with often our order being mixed up or being forgotten about. Check out was quick but again no thank you or politeness which you'd expect more especially from a supervisor.

The room for me was one of the main good features about this hotel. We upgraded our room to a very modern, spacious suite. The bathroom was great and the Jacuzzi bath was amazing. There could be more space for clothing in these rooms but overall the room was very good and very glad we upgraded. Pools are also great but are at times very dirty, especially the jacuzzi nearest to the stakehouse. Although I can see the reasoning of not having a life guard around with the pools not being very deep, I would've liked one around to control certain people's behaviour at the pool, especially with children jumping from the jacuzzi into the pool and other erratic behaviour very drunken adults in the pool which could be a danger to anybody. The lazy river was amazing and would recommend to anyone staying at the resort. The wild life and nature was also amazing to be around and explore and was one of the main pros of the resort (apart from the seaweed in the sea.)

Another let down from this hotel was the food. We never returned to the buffet for breakfast as it was always cold, luckily the steakhouse served breakfast which was always to top standard which meant we went there everyday instead. Coffee served on a morning was horrible and far too strong with waiting staff refusing to give extra milk. Evening meals didn't have a lot of variation day to day and both me and my partner were left with a stomach bug for five days which was deeply unpleasant. Desserts are nothing special and could be a lot better. Some of the time half of the restaurant at the buffet was not even serving food. The Mexican themed night on the other hand was amazing and would've loved to have seen more themes running throughout. The a la cartes were also good, we did the Japanese, Mexican, Steak and Italian all of which were good apart from the Italian, with both of us leaving most of our main courses. The Japanese was entertaining to watch but the food was nothing special. Atmosphere and design of the restaurants was also good.

Entertainment was standard and in my opinion very minimal with only an hours worth of entertainment at the nighttime. Throughout the day entertainment was crap and was the same activities every day, Spanish lesson followed by 'belly flop', which of course not everyone wants to get involved with. During our stay it also rained and I would've liked to have seen more on during the daytime inside as nothing seemed to be going on at all leaving many people looking bored. The rain also caused lots of issues round the hotel and in our room. People were slipping everywhere and falling over, also witnessing someone seriously hurting themselves. Our room leaked from the ceiling and was never seen to.

Housekeeping was good but could be better.
Mini bar was always stocked up to the max and was very good to have throughout the day.
Talum and Chichen Itza are a MUST.
Beach is a total let down.
Ice cream parlour could be better and the smoothie bar seemed very unpopular and lacked choice.

Overall the hotel was good but I will not be rushing back to Mexico anytime soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank callum2798

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

We are glad you liked the staff kindness in À la Carte Restaurants and bars, the Bell Boys service, the accommodations, pools, the lazy river, the wildlife, the mexican night, the À la Carte Restaurants and the cleanliness of room.

We all took your suggestions as a learning tool and will keep working to improve our services for you and for future guests to our Resort.