Let me start by saying that my now husband (we are on our honeymoon) and I have been to this palladium complex 3 times before and wanted to spend our honeymoon in the place where we took our first vacation together. We are not brats, we are not in the least bit condescending; we are humble and easy to please. So in booking our honeymoon, I knew that coming back to this complex and spending $3200 would be complete luxury. I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG.
Check in was strangely impersonal, and the guy almost seemed Like he was doing us the favor. He didn't really explain anything to us and pretty much blew us off and told us to come back at 3 for our keys. When we came back, he literally just handed us the keys. No offer to show us to the room. No offer to have our bags brought over. We had to carry our own luggage in the blazing heat a quarter of a mile to our room. When we walked in the room, it was a furnace. We called to have our room changed but they said they were full and there was nothing they could do. We had to beg for a fan, just to sit in the room to try and work something out with the travel wholesaler. After 5 calls to the front desk, we finally got a completely useless fan that kept falling apart. My husband and I returned to the front desk, to see if we could have our room changed, and saw staff members frantically opening and assembling the flimsy fans. When my husband attempted to speak with one of the employees about having our room changed to one with AC ( not even a suite, not even at the royal-we would take anything!) the guy that checked us in copped a huge attitude and barked at my husband. His name is Jorge. He was a jerk from the second we arrived at the hotel. Just wanted to get his name out there. It is then that Arturo, not even a front desk employee-he works for the timeshare portion of the hotel-pulled my husband aside and was honest about the situation. The front desk staff at check in failed to inform us-to inform a guests-that the royal suites, along with portions of the Riviera and White Sands are WITHOUT AIR-CONDITIONING No AC on most of this side of the resort. And it had been broken for days. And they continued to check people in and NOT TELL THEM!!! Now we begged for a new room and finally Lucia (a truly sweet employee) got us one with AC in the Riviera. But we couldn't move until the next day. When we made our way to the buffet for dinner, we saw that the restaurants didn't have AC either. It was close to 100 degrees in there. So we spent the night sweating and not sleeping, not anything on the first night of our honeymoon. Note that no one made up or tuned down this room at all while We used it.
Next day we make our way to breakfast, and are seated at an absolutely FILTHY table. I'm taking stamina and wet and fresh egg mush on the tablecloth. No water glasses so no one came to give us water, which we desperately needed after our sweltering night in the room. I asked for water. The guy never came to the table.
Finally, at 3pm, not a second earlier, we were able to check into the new room. Glorious AC, but no hot water. We called to have it fixed, they acted like I had asked them to part the seas. Spent the day at beach and pool, came back to get ready for dinner-still no hot water.
Next day the train that shuttles people to and from the lobbies breaks down. People are waiting aimlessly for the green train and when we ask where it is, they say 12 minutes away. After 40 minutes, we walk to the next lobby to learn the train broke down and the whit buggies that take people to the rooms is now the train. NO COMMUNICATION! And when I told them that the other lobbies don't know this and everyone is standing around waiting for the train, they started laughing.
Today is day 4, I don't think things are likely to change. We have received none of this Royal service we paid for. We can't even enjoy our days together because we are so cranky at having to constantly ask people to fix something. I am
so disappointed by this hotel and the entire palladium brand, a brand I used to love, a brand I recommended to my clients (I am a travel agent) but this brand did what a hotel chain should never do: took a repeat guest and turned them into a never-return guest.
So if you're booked here, call your travel agent or whatever you booked through. They are still checking people in to these sauna-like rooms, not telling them a thing about it. Change your hotel. If you do not, you will be very sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TRS Yucatan consists of 454 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, two exclusive swimming pools, plus one salt water pool, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bars with premium beverages, 24 hrs room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pools sun beds and an exclusive restaurants. Designed for adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your TRS Yucatan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- TRS Yucatan Hotel Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal