“PRETTY RESORT, GOOD SERVICE OVERALL, RELAXING VACATION”

TRS Yucatan by Palladium
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Akumal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2009

I stayed in the Royal Suites in the first week of November 08. My overall experience of the resort is pretty good. I stayed there for 4 nights. We stayed on the building close to the lobby on the second floor overlooking the river.

Our rooms are very clean and thanks to our maid, Joan, who did a good job. She made different tower art everyday. We enjoyed soaking in the Jacuzzi on the balcony every night after a day of activities. The Jacuzzi is big enough for 2 people. I highly recommend couples to use the Jacuzzi since it is very romantic soaking in there and looking at the stars at night.

Try to at least stay on the second floor or higher if you want to use the Jacuzzi. On the first night, we stayed on the ground floor. After my husband turned the Jacuzzi on, he found there were tons of big red ants crawling into the tub from the outside lawn. After we switched room on the second night, we did not have the ant problem.

The reception and the drivers are very friendly and courteous. However, the bartender who worked in the afternoon shift is kind of moody. One negative thing I wanted to point out is the guy who worked in the activities center is very rude. The schedule for the archery game is from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. We arrived there at 10:35amm but the guy said the game was over which we did not understand why. He also acted very rude.

As for the food, IMHO, the food at the Whitesand is pretty good, but the food is about the same every day. As for Royal Suites guests, we are able to reserve for a la carte dinner every night. I enjoyed the most is the Mediterranean dinner. The meat at the Brazilian grill is kind of tough.

I would recommend my friends to stay at the Royal Suites and I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank funtravel2000
DtorAdjunto, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at TRS Yucatan by Palladium, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your friendly review. We are very pleased to have made your stay a special and memorable one!
It makes us happy to know that you had a wonderful vacation and we were able to live up your expectations! Thank you for sharing.
Your home away from home awaits you next time you are in Mexico, and show all the newest renovation and progress

There are newer reviews for TRS Yucatan by Palladium

Reviewed 1 March 2009

We loved everything about The Royal Suites Yucatan. Staying at that resort is a must. The food, staff, resort were more than you can ever imagine. We are already planning our vacation next year at the same resort. The only thing we had a problem with was the wind. Every day was windy. They told us that was normal for Feb. We stayed in The Royal Mayan Suite. It had a hammock on the deck that ran along a river. There was a Mayan shower which is outside but with complete privacy. At first it was hard to get use to but we did. We can not say enough about how great the staff was. Your wish was there command. We never had to wait for anything we asked for. Staying at the Royal Suites, you had the use of the other Palladium Resorts. All you had to do was go to your lobby and ask to have a ride to the other resorts and in no time you were there. When have you ever gone to a large resort and have a resort worker ask your name and everytime they saw you after that they called you by name? We would recommend The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium to everyone. We have gone to Punta Cana the last two years and Riviera Maya put them to shame. It was a great time. The very worst part of it was leaving Riviera Maya with the tempature at 83 degrees and coming home to 28 degrees. Pati and Steve

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank pkrs26

Dear Guest,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing us as you holiday provider. Thank you also for sharing your excellent experience at the Royal Suites Yucatan.

We are delighted to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us.
Thank you again. We are so looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future to show you all the improvements and renovations in the last years

Reviewed 26 February 2009

This resort was top notch in my books. Everything was clean, while the staff catered to your every need. The openess of the lobby and the other buildings make for a very inviting experience. The food wasn't as good as I expected but it still tasted pretty good (don't expect a lot of meat on the bone with the ribs). Overall my family and I enjoyed the seclusion from the rest of the resort while still being able to roam free among the other 4 hotels that were connected to it. Also the specialized restaurant and two bars just for the Royals suites was very nice to have.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank CancunManiac

Dear Guest

Awesome! Sounds like you had a splendid trip here at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We have succeeded providing a memorable vacation.
Thank you for your feedback. This information has let us know during the years to know what we are excelling in and what we need to work on and we can proudly show a new development with many renovated facilities and a generally resort upgrade.
We appreciate your kind words on our resort amenities. Our staff is always there to assist and make your experience even greater. It’s our hope to be able to exceed your expectations once more.
We feel honored that you would return and can’t wait to see you on your next vacation!

Reviewed 14 February 2009

first i like to say we compare this to the other resorts we stayed at in the carribean that is the iberostar tucan in the riveria jan/07 and gran bahia ambar royal punta cana jan/08 we r in our forties
likes
we were in cabana 7213 the pontoon boat does not go by this section so u have more privacy.the cabana was awesome !we had a male maid who left towel art everyday we left him $5.00 everyday and 2 for the mini bar.
the spa and fitness was the best we ever stayed at.
the grounds are beautiful!the disco was great.
loved feeding the fish from our deck and in the ocean they loved bannans.
disliked
the beach we were very disappointed,our first morning we walked to the beach from the riveria section down to the kenetah beach there were cups,cig.butts,broken glass.there is hardly no staff that cleans up .i can't believe that people can not pick up after themselves as there is garbage cans everywhere.the only decent part to swim in was the kenetah section as all the other sections was full of rocks and coral u still had to watch out for a few rocks in this section as well.but if u walk 5 min.to the left it was good.
we did not use the bali beds in the royal section as it was to shelterd and set to far back from the beach.
we did not use the royal pool as we r beach people .
this is a massive resort and u do not get to know the staff.u can in the royal section but it is to quiet for us.we prefer resorts that have 500 rooms compared to 2,000
we went to the secret bar one night and my husband said to put a little more vodka in he totally ignored him.i heard thet have to ration there bottles.this is not all inclusive to me.the riveria lobby the bar tender did not listen we wanted a hgh ball cosmo and he insisted on doing it his way martini style.
it would be nice if they added yoga or pilates to the royal section.as they did that in the royal at the bahia in punta cana.
we went to the riveria buffet mostly as there was more varity to eat.but the dinners in the royal was very good loved the grilled salmon.tuesdays r free lobster night if u like lobster.
bartenders weather it was the royal or on the beach they did not like making cappuccinos even when they see your tip in your hand.we did not watch the shows as the chairs r sardines together in a can.
overall this is a nice resort and beautiful.but we won't be back as we have been to better resortsalbertagirl01

6  Thank dshavingfun
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We returned last month from a trip to the Royal Suites Yucatan by Paladium in Puertos Aventuras and it was an overall pleasant and wonderful vacation.

What we enjoyed the most:

Food: wonderful and delicious at all times but El Jardin for a late dinner was the best. The buffets were also good and there is so much choice that it is almost impossible to feel that you are eating the same thing all the time.

Bar: very wide choice of drinks and a very special and personal service at the Royal Lobby by Filiberto (always did a small "baila" while making my Brandy Alexander).

Transportation on the resort: being handicaped lightly myself, I must tell you that being in the Royal section and having transportation available at all time was a huge relief for me and I might add a necessity. The drivers of the carts that I called "Safary guys" were always nice and chearful, especially Pedro and Ricardo.

Concierge service: special mention for Marcel our concierge, we stayed in building 69 (room 6936) and his attentions were well above expectations. He even helped us on his day off when we decided to take the Colectivo to Playa Del Carmen, he was on the same one and was of great help to us. THANK YOU MARCEL!

SPA: terrific place, went twice but we should have tried on the first day because we would have finished there every end of afternoon prior to getting ready for supper.

What we did not like:

Having to pay 70$US for 2 lobsters (usually this is part of the all inclusive package in a 5 star resort) but let me tell you that after eating them, we did not regret it at all.

While going from one hotel to the other, we found ourselves often confused as to where we were (which hotel) because they are so similar. In other resorts we have been to, the hotels were so different from one another that it felt like visiting someplace new all the time as to this complex, it felt like we were always coming back to the same place.

Would we go back: Yes for sure in the royal suites section or very close to the Kanthena beach area.

11  Thank Gentille1

Reviewed 8 February 2009

We came back last week (27 jan.2009 to 4 feb. 2009) from the Grand Palladium Riviera Royal Suite. This is our first trip under the sun so maybe my review can’t represent a comparison with others resorts. First of all, I want to tell that Royal treatment worth the extra money.

Room -

Initially, I reserved a Royal Suite. When we arrived, I received my room. It’s first floor building 71. Room # 7107. Room is beautiful but have a smell of garbage and humidity. I don’t know why but I ask to front desk to change for another room. The resort was full but the lady find a Junior Royal Suite in building 69. Room # 6936. Very, Very beautiful room. Panoramic view of ocean and royal pool because it’s on the corner of the building and near the royal pool. We got the room the day after but I very very satisfied that the lady to the front desk change my room. I know that Royal Suite have king size bed, and we are lucky to receive a Junior Royal Suite with King Bed. But we prefer the Junior Suite instead of Suite. More light of the sun and more interesting to talk with my wife during I’m on the bed and she’s in the open bath. If we go back to Royal one day, I will reserve for Junior Suite. During the week, we haven’t time to use the jaccuzi.

It was very peaceful place and no noise in the morning and during the night. The room is very beautiful and clean.

Royal Lobby –

We really appreciate the royal lobby. Free Internet (however, windows is in Spanish hihihi ) a bartender that is very sympa and not a lot of people and smoke.

Food-

Wow !! El Jardin. What a good place to go. We tried some A la carte during the week but we prefer the El Jardin for breakfast and for dinner. My wife cooks delicious food at home (often, the meal my wife cooks are better than restaurant). So, for us the A la carte (except El Jardin) are good, not exceptional. The salmon and steak at El Jardin are so delicious. We like the El dorado and Rib’s and More. The rest of the week, we eat all the time to El Jardin except for lunch. We always eat at Kabah Buffet. The interior buffet of Riviera. We like a lot this buffet. Like it more that A la carte restaurants. Lots of choice and the food is hot. Red wine are very good and beer too. Employees at each restaurant and buffet are very friendly and always ask us if everything is ok. You can reserve the A la Carte restaurant at the Royal Lobby and each time, we waiting only 5 minutes at the restaurant before assigning a place.

Beach/Pool –

We stayed during the week all the time at the left section of the resort (Left of the Kanthena). Where the seadoo are (in the front of the Royal Beach Section). The section of the beach are beautiful. Without water shoes, you can go into the water. We tried Royal Bali Bed but we prefer to be on the beach. If you do snorkling, go in front of the Riviera (in front of Punta Emilia beach bar). I have seen lot of beautiful fish.

Each day in the afternoon, we leave the beach and go to the Royal Pool. All pools are cold but not so terrible. In Quebec, it’s normal to go in the pool when it is cold. But after 1 minute, everything is ok. We REALLY appreciate the NO NOISE ambiance of the Royal Pool. We really like Virginio when I put new age music. Maybe not only Virginio put this music. Wow, lot of pleasure in this pool and it is near our room. Pool are clean. Each day at 6:00hrs a.m., employees clean the pools.

Conclusion –

This resort is very beautiful. I really appreciate the fact that the resort kept the Mangrove, want’s to preserve the quality of the environment, have lot of animals. Even if the resort is not new (anyway, new resort mean new employees and often, not a good service), it was THE RESORT for us. I one day we go back to Mexico, without hesitation we will choose the Grand Palladium Riviera Royal Suite.

I finish this review with important things for all of you :

1. Take care of the property of resort (put your garbage in the trash, not in the trees)
2. Don’t assume that you pay for this trip and an employee will clean your mess for you. Don’t drop your cigarette on the beach.
3. Be gentle with everyone. Theses peoples work hard so stay recognizing
4. We must respect the culture of Mexican and the fact that they don’t speak english very well (seem like me). Stop writing in review that people don’t speak English, it’s normal, it’s their country. They are the host and we are the invited. So, it’s normal to respect everyone. I don’t want that Riviera Maya become an American Place. I want to have the feeling that I’m in another place in the world. NOT in U.S.A. It’s not because we paid lots of dollar that we are the KING.

We missed Grand Palladium now and each day we go to www.palladiumaddict.net to see the Beach and Royal Pool Web Cam in order to remember the fantastic week we have. Now, we are back to Canada with - 25 degree Celsius and lot of snow, it’s a big trauma !

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
13  Thank Porto2006

Reviewed 5 February 2009

The Royal Suites was a fantastic selection for our honeymoon. If you are planning on staying at the Grand Palladium then you should most definitely stay in the Royal Suites section. The upgrades are worth the price. You get unlimited ala-carte dining, unlimited room service, exclusive transportation (which is very handy in such a large resort), and the unlimited spa access makes the extra $$$ seem like nothing. Then there is the exclusive beach and cabanas with waiter service. Oh yea the exclusive adult only pool has a wonderful bar and the Royal lobby is a perfect place for cocktail before you catch the water taxi to dinner. I think you get the picture…….

In the Royal area you will be assigned a "butler" for your building. Take advantage of this service! We got a lot of "perks" from just asking him to arrange for some basic things we wanted.

I know there are always those who want a brand new resort experience and are disappointed at the slightest signs of wear or food that is not 5 star quality. From my travel experience this is one of the best Riviera Maya resorts and by far the best in the Akumal area.

8  Thank blongacre