I stayed in the Royal Suites in the first week of November 08. My overall experience of the resort is pretty good. I stayed there for 4 nights. We stayed on the building close to the lobby on the second floor overlooking the river.
Our rooms are very clean and thanks to our maid, Joan, who did a good job. She made different tower art everyday. We enjoyed soaking in the Jacuzzi on the balcony every night after a day of activities. The Jacuzzi is big enough for 2 people. I highly recommend couples to use the Jacuzzi since it is very romantic soaking in there and looking at the stars at night.
Try to at least stay on the second floor or higher if you want to use the Jacuzzi. On the first night, we stayed on the ground floor. After my husband turned the Jacuzzi on, he found there were tons of big red ants crawling into the tub from the outside lawn. After we switched room on the second night, we did not have the ant problem.
The reception and the drivers are very friendly and courteous. However, the bartender who worked in the afternoon shift is kind of moody. One negative thing I wanted to point out is the guy who worked in the activities center is very rude. The schedule for the archery game is from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. We arrived there at 10:35amm but the guy said the game was over which we did not understand why. He also acted very rude.
As for the food, IMHO, the food at the Whitesand is pretty good, but the food is about the same every day. As for Royal Suites guests, we are able to reserve for a la carte dinner every night. I enjoyed the most is the Mediterranean dinner. The meat at the Brazilian grill is kind of tough.
I would recommend my friends to stay at the Royal Suites and I will probably stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TRS Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your TRS Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- TRS Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal