“I like this place!”
Review of Posada Pachamama

Posada Pachamama
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Mahahual
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed at Pachamama for 10 nights and had good time there.
On the Christmas day and New Year's eve, we received half bottle of sparkling wine as their courtesy.
They offer breakfast from 7:00am and it was perfect for us to go out for scuba diving.
The room is not really large to dry all the diving equipment but it was OK and they have also balcony to do it outside.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
maxico75, Propietario at Posada Pachamama, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We got our reservation thourgh their home page, and we got and email back, saying that we need to deposit if we wanted the rooms, I wrote back asking for their bank info, then they wrote back saying that the type of room I requested wasn´t available, they offer me 2 rooms stead, then I asked for the new ammount and no answer, then I call the hotel, and spoke with the owner, he told me not to worry, that he did not have time to give me the new amount, he asked me to show the next day and pay for the rooms while we do the check in.

We arrived after driving 6 hours, took our baggage and surprise no rooms available, the front desk clerk spoke with him and he just said no room no rooms. I requested speak with him and he just denied.

In their home page they brag about beeing the number 1 in trip advisor, my experience with this hotel starts with the reservation and the booking proccess that it is very bad. The personal has no experience and it just seems nobody know anything but the owner.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Galindo76
maxico75, Owner at Posada Pachamama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Good morning mr Galindo,
You send me a reserved email on 07 of septiember 2011. I replied the same day with an email and I wrote you the available of two familiar rooms for 6 people and its rates.
Then you didn t told me nothing untill the 13 of septiember 2011.
That day I send you an email where I told you that we didn t have more rooms availables for 6 people. Ok?
One day before of your arrive the 15 of septiember 2001, you phoned me and You told me about the rooms,but I told you that I haven t the rooms for 6 people but i have just a rooms for 4 people.
You told me that you woulded that rooms but i explained to you that one day before we don t acept reservations with out deposit, and because I can t check the deposit on the bank because was closed that day. And second we dont acept reservation one day before for overbooking problem.This is the reservations politic of the hotel and it is write on webside.So I told you to check the disponibility the day of your arrive at the front desk.
I know that you work for an hotel group in Villahermosa so i think that you have to know about the overbooking problem.I repit, my politic of reservation is clean and write on the website so the next time that you program your holiday do it three or four day before and no one day before your arrive in a place,because maybe sometimes you couldn t found an available room.So is better write the real thing and not another things on your review.I tell you the truth since the first day of your reserve.Maybe there was a missunderstanding the day before your arrive when I told you that we dont acept the reservation for overbooking problem and for my reservation politic,but was not my error.So i don t know where is the problem,maybe was hard to found another hotel in Mahahual that day but I repit was not my error.

have a good day

Reviewed 28 August 2011

We've stayed 2 nights at Pachamama and we would absolutely recommend this hotel again!
The owners and their employees are super kind and helpful. Rooms are pretty and very clean.
There are free canvas chairs and parasols included.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandro & Anja, Switzerland

Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed 3 nights in mahahual and we loved this small hotel.
Rooms are clean and well decorated.
The staff at the front desk is very helpfull and friendly.

1  Thank serenagruben

Reviewed 17 August 2011

We only spent one night at this small hotel but we felt very confortable.
The room was clean and well decorated and the staff helpful and friendly.

1  Thank js1975ny

Reviewed 8 August 2011

A beautifully designed and appointed little hotel with small and yet artistically designed comfortable rooms. The resident cat and the stories that her two human servants —the owner and Don Jorge the watchman – told about her antics added a homey quality to the hotel and entertained us while we enjoyed tea and coffee on the porch.
This boutique hotel was a great find and excellent value. The beach is just behind the hotel –very quiet for sleeping. Safe parking is located just in front of the hotel.
We spent a wonderful evening at the Bar Kito with the proprietors- Mariana and her mom and a mixed group of locals and travelers telling stories, drinking good wine and enjoying the local color on the Malecon, then taking the short walk around the corner back to the Pachamama. Several places we ate (Delphin and Ka Noc) brought us fresh fish on a tray to select from and we asked the cook to prepare it however they chose to—we did not go wrong –delicious fish with plenty of sides made for a wonderful meal to share for 2 or 3 people.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the sea
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QuintanillaSchmidt

Reviewed 7 August 2011

I wish we had stayed at one of the other hotels on the beach. Don't get me wrong, it was clean and inexpensive, but other than the very kind Mexican man who sat at the front desk for what seemed to be every minute of every waking hour, it was barren and basic. Compared to the warm and lovely people we met along the way, it just wasn't a very hospitable place.

When you walk in, the "ocean view" strained your neck, next an endless list of "rules". No hanging laundry, no beer in rooms and so on. It was an exceptionally tiny room as well, although that I can't complain about too much. It was just the lack of warmth of the experience that was so disappointing. Yes, it has air conditioning but from my vantage point, it didn't matter. I met the nicest folks at other hotels, who were so gracious.

This is a good place for students and minimalists. But, for a few more bucks, I wish I would have stayed elsewhere. And, the coffee was not good!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple