We first visited Mahahual on a cruise ship. We liked the small town feel and character so much we decided to spend a week here and look into buying a home. We chose Pachamama because of the reviews and were really pleased with the price and the fact that we could book online. There aren't many hotels in Mahahual and doing everything by internet proved a little challenging since they don't all have websites or utilize a centralized booking service. The owner of the hotel, Massimiliano Palli, is from Italy. He and all his staff are very welcoming and inviting. The rooms are small by US standards (unless you have spend a lot of time in New York City), but very clean, with decent bathrooms and wi-fi. You also have hot and cold water; not always guaranteed in Mexico. He doesn't really have a restaurant on site but does have breakfast for those who want to eat at the hotel. There is a great restaurant just a few steps away, Bar Kita, that is also owned by an Itailian. We enjoyed this trip so much we are already planning our next trip sometime in July or August to finalize our home purchase. We will definitely stay at Posada Pachamama again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear guest,Posada Pachamama was born in May 2007 after nine months of construction, just like a baby growing in his mother's womb. On August 20, 2007 the Posada had to close because of the damage caused by hurricane Dean. In November, after several weeks of re-building we were open for business once again; ready to receive all of those who want to visit us. We remodel it again in 2013 with more details and amenities.We are in the middle of the town, just 20 mts far to the beach and you don t have to cross the street to coming there. In this area there are the most popular restaurant in the town. We are just 20 mts far to the public Health Center. Best regards Massimiliano Palli Posada Pachamama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Posada Pachamama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Pachamama Majahual
- Posada Pachamama Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya