We were here during the slower season, so it was mostly Mexican tourists (which I find refreshing). They showed us a couple of rooms, one w/o AC and one with. Both rooms were quite lovely. They gave us 250 MXN a night off of the rack price. They are right across from the beach and chaise lounges with umbrellas on the beach for your use. The A/C worked VERY well. The room was spacious and extremely comfortable with a small patio with chairs. They also have a very tiny fresh water pool which was very enjoyable. Staff were all quite friendly and helpful. Our bus wasn't leaving until much later, so they offered to hold onto our bags and allowed us to use the other facilities until we were ready to go. WiFi was down while we were there so can't comment on that.
One irritating things was the plethora of small ants that were in our bathroom and on our bed, but they weren't a major issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Boutique Bungalow Resort with Restaurant & Bar on the Beach & Malecon. We are located in the Center of Mahahual/Costa Maya. We have 4 Deluxe Bungalows with Private Balcony, Bathroom & A.C.; 2 Malecon Bungalows with Ceiling Fan & Private Bathroom; 3 Standard Bungalows with Ceiling Fan and Private Bathroom. Additional services include: Beach Chair with Umbrella & Table Service, Oceanside Massages, Wi-Fi, Daily Maid Service included in Bungalow Rate and Private On-Sight Parking. Our Restaurant serves Fresh Breakfast and Lunch Daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We also offer Fresh Seafood and Steak Dinners by Reservation Only. We love our guests and truly appreciate their commentary. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Nacional Beach Club And Bungalows
- Nacional Beach Club & Bungalows Hotel Mahahual
- Nacional Beach Club & Bungalows Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya