“Charm and Beauty”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mahahual
Nacional Beach Club & Bungalows
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We are still at Nacional Beach Club in Mahahual. Beyond our intended 3 nights, we will make it five, simply because the charm and natural beauty of Evan's club and bungalows has caused us to calm down from our usual Playa del Carmen pace. The owner/s and staff are friendly and helpful, charming too. Our bungalow is super clean and comfortable. At the beach are chaiselounges + umbrellas [that blend with the color of the sea]. We had breakfast now three days in a row. We could get used to the ambience. Then add the sunrise and sunset from our cabana to the sea. Precioso!

Room Tip: All cabanas face the sea. Our second floor cabana is airconditioned, which we use only at night. The...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Recently I went to Mahahual, a beautiful place near south east of Mexico. It is just 4 1/2 hrs drive from Cancun. I reserved to stay in Nacional Beach Club and Bungalows.

When I first entered the place, Evan, the owner recognized me and gave me a warm welcome.

Within an hour the couple Evan and Ana, and their beautiful daughter Emma became very good friends.

The very first morning when I woke up, I felt like I am living in a palace. The smell of the sand, the room, water, the garden around the bungalow brought my 35 years memory back. And the beautiful ocean front felt like living in paradise.

The whole week I stayed, I felt like I am staying at my parent's house. When I woke up every morning, I had a nice coffee with warm milk (I requested for warm milk) with delicious breakfast felt just like home:)

I had wonderful lunches with home made chips and salsa with Machilada (Spicy drink) and long island ice tea. The special dinner Lobster,Shrimp and the home made special spicy Sauce. omg. it was yum, yum,...yummy.... :) Jose, Alberto and Kevin who works there treated me like their own sister :) We all had a wonderful time and time went so fast.

I can say I have a home in Mahahual and can't wait to see Evan, Ana and Emma.
I am planning to go every year to stay in this palace and enjoy every moment I can get.

I am so lucky to meet you Evan and Ana :)

See you soon.......

-Anu

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AnuradhaMuthusamy
Reviewed 16 August 2013

On our way down to Xcalak, a friend and I stayed at Nacional Beach Club for just one night. It was a short stay, but we absolutely loved it. The bungalows are adorable and very comfortable right on the beach! The owners are extremely hospitable and welcoming. We loved it so much we both booked it once more on our [separate] trips back up North! Since we were travelling separately and both had rooms booked at separate times for just us (one person to a bungalow), they even gave us a deal. I frequent Xcalak often enough (and thus Mahahual), and will definitely be staying here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is one hell of a nice place and it's right on the malecon with a restaurant, and a bar and with incredible coffee in the morning on your own private patio or up on the deck. Evan and his staff are excellent. Here's an example of how much they will do for you.

Like an idiot I picked up the wrong key before we left our room to go for a walk and get something to eat. When we got back the key didn't work. It was about 9:00 at night and we couldn't get in our room. We saw two of the staff, and told them of our problem. They were unable to get Evan for the extra key, but instead they offered us another room since we had all of our "stuff" in the room with the wrong key. This saved us from sleeping in the car, or on the beach.

Service like this should be rewarded by your staying at the Nacional if you are in Mahajual. And on top of all of this, these are really, I mean really nice rooms. It will make your stay more enjoyable. Besides, it's on the Caribbean, the Caribbean is there for you every morning just steps away.

Cindy and I recommend this place, go on line check out the pictures and stop in and say hello to Evan and his staff. It's really a nice place and they are all very friendly and will do whatever they can to make your stay memorable.

Room Tip: Look at the bungalows and the rooms with the nice patios and be sure to check out the second floor w...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zelsj
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I've been going to Mahahual for about 3 years now and at the recommendation of a friend the first time I stayed at Nacional Beach Club. The place is great, amazing food, nice rooms, and the place it literally across the sidewalk from the beach.

Evan and Ana are amazing hosts, whether you're just there for breakfast, or if you're hanging at the club all day. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice relaxing spot in town to stay at.

Room Tip: If you're looking for air conditioning, you might want to book in advance, there's only 4 ro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a little hotel / restaurant that is right off of the beach and a short drive from the port in Costa Maya. They have great food and drinks. There is a line of shops and restaurants in the area. This is a popular cruise ship crew stop. They have free WIFI if you are in the restaurant. There is a beautiful view of the ocean right outside the window.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Preston and Evan where awesome! We where there for a day while on a cruise stop. We were greeted by Stumpie and Puka the resort dogs....too sweet! Then Evan started us off with a great cup of coffee and fresh squeezed juice. The day was so nice on the beach and resort is cozy, clean and we felt like family. We will definitely go back to stay with them.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family