Nacional Beach Club & Bungalows
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mahahual
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Porto Coral(Mahahual)
Hotel Beke(Mahahual)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom bungalowthe ownerclean bungalowstour of the propertypork bellytraveling sologreen juicedrinks were deliciousguacfrench press coffeelobsterlaid backquality servicemeso americanlimited numberfood was amazingwell worth the effort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The National Beach Club was recommended to us by a friend and was spot on. We could not have been happier in our little "bungalow" with its beautiful views and wonderful owners and staff. When people are happy with what they are doing everyone around them feels it, and the National Beach Club is a very happy place. Evan with his beautiful family are on site and do a great job of keeping things running smoothly.
Be sure to talk to Evan about dinner which is only for guests and by reservation. The huge stuffed crab was out of this world and was still too much for my husband and I to share.
We will definitely stay at the National Beach club next time we are in Majahual. A small family run, happy place is so much nicer than those big hotels, so much sweeter in every way.

Room Tip: If you like to People watch, stay in the bungalows at the front. The cruise ships come in and flood the town a couple of times a week for the day, then at night the town is quiet and peaceful once again. If you prefer privacy stay in the second story rooms where you still have the view but less exposure.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stopped in Costa Maya on our cruise and needed a place to hangout that was family-friendly. We were traveling with a large group (10 adults and 6 children (ages 1 to 12)). From our research and reading reviews on TripAdvisor, our initial plan was to go to the Tropicante. However, Steve (the owner) said he was completely booked. He suggested another hotel property called the Nacional Beach Club, and we are so glad he did! Not only did we enjoy Evan (the owner), the margaritas, the salsa and chips, and the fish tacos but the chairs, umbrellas, shade, and overall cleanliness of the beachfront was second to none. He also had small beach chairs for the kids! We did check out the Tropicante and although Steve has a nice set-up with plastic tables and chairs, the loungers and umbrellas and peacefulness of the Nacional Beach Club can’t be beat. I would suggest this property in a heartbeat to anyone visiting Costa Maya.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our cruise ship had a short stop in Costa Maya . My wife Stephanie and I took a $3.00 bus ride into Mahahual. We were enjoying walking up the the beautiful Beach sidewalk when we saw a guy climbing up the tree to cut down a Coconut . I was curious so I walked over to watch him. He cut it up and handed it to Evan who used it to make a drink.
Stephanie and I spent the day at this beautiful resort. Evan made some great drinks and served us a fantastic lunch. The fresh snook sandwich, homemade tortilla chips and guacamole were great.
He also showed us the extra clean cabanas.
We are already trying to find a way to go back and stay for a week. Evan has offered to help us plan a trip so we can enjoy the area.
This was a great find!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Earlier this month, I stayed at the Nacional Beach Club for a week. I cannot say enough great things about it! I stayed in one of the smaller bungalows. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, don't bother, but my room was nicely appointed with great sheets and towels. The room was cleaned on a daily basis, so it was kept spotless. The water pressure was fine for me, but it may be on the low for picky people. Please keep in mind, that in Majahual people are very conscious about conserving water. It's expensive to fill water tanks. The Nacional Beach Club's restaurant serves delicious food, smoothies, and alcoholic beverages. José makes killer margaritas and daiquiris. The beer is kept ice cold! I quickly became addicted to their french toast and bacon. Their bread and bacon is made at the restaurant. Mil gracias to Anna and Evan who treat their guests as if they are family. Their employees will do their best to make you comfortable and enjoy your stay. Thank you José and Vicente! Be sure to ask Francisca for a massage. She is a gifted masseuse.

Room Tip: Ask for the bungalow that has a queen bed. It is so comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

November 2013 was my second time visiting Mahahual (Nov 2012 was the first) and both times I stayed at Nacional Beach Club & Bungalows and, like the first time it was awesome!!!!

Just like my first stay, I requested special accommodations due to a phobia and, both times Evan accommodated my needs. In addition this, due to our own mix-up I was late in booking my room/bungalow - Evan was awesome, not only did he fit me in he gave me the same bungalow as the previous year, thanks Evan!

My room/bungalow was awesome (great size, very clean and decent size bathroom) and was almost on the beach -- you can hear the waves and feel the breeze from anywhere on Evan & Anna's property. "The Margarita" was being made before I got my butt in a swing/chair and our coffee was ready in the morning, thanks guys!

I had injured my neck/shoulder before we arrived in Mahahual and mentioned this to Evan - within 15 minutes he had arranged a massage for me under the palm tree on the beach ~~ by the way it was the best massage I've ever had, thank you again Francesca!!!

I love it there and hopefully I will make it back in 2014. In fact I love it so much that I offered to work for Evan - lol - perhaps you need a Nanny for Emma (I do believe we bonded), egardless, I will be back!

Kind regards,
Kellie - the Canadian who is learning Spanish :)

Room Tip: I think any room would be a great room however, I prefer the bungalows!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends