“The best hotel in Mexico!”

Hotel El Caballo Blanco
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mahahual
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stay in the room with private terrace, beautiful! Beautiful painting, clean beautiful beds, sheets, I love it! I will go back many times with my friends, food delicious! Pool is beautiful? Every room is different painting, Italy, Paris, Indian, horses, just beautiful. I ate a big fish fresh delicious. People very nice. I recommend it very much!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tirza B
There are newer reviews for Hotel El Caballo Blanco

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This beautiful hotel has everything you need and more. All the rooms have queen size beds, beautiful sheets, flat screen tv's wifi, coffee maker, fridge, it was perfect. I spent most of the time up on the roof, the pool and view were fantastic. The food and service were excellent!
I highly recommend this beautiful 1st rate hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms with the private terrace are the best!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel whist passing through Mexico.the rooms were clean,tastefully decorated and the beach right on the doorstep it's in the middle of the small village of Mahahual a kinda up and coming laidback resort off the beaten track except for some cruiseships which visit
the food served here is excellent and as a vegitarian I appreciated the extra effort making Tina the owner cook and bottlewasher made to make me feel at home...recommended 5*****

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Keith I
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I had heard of this place from another couple and thought we would give it a shot. We were most pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and hospitality of this hotel. Mexico has always been a beautiful location to vacation but it has never been known for this level of hospitality. The owners really make you feel at home, they have a roof top pool that is amazing and give just the right amount of attention without feeling like you are being violated. Having a pharmacy and restaurant on location is definitely a plus. They sell lobster taco's there that are amazing. When they first offered them to me, I thought how could anyone desecrate a lobster by putting it in a taco? After having them I ate them three times over the next 5 days, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, I love those taco's! You can relax, eat when you are hungry, get a massage on the beach, and get hangover relief all within a few steps. I recommend avoiding the hangover if at all possible. I have stayed in many places in Mexico and never set my expectations too high, I think I can raise my expectations now, it is possible to have it all. If your looking for a great getaway this place is a must.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ghumba2012
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed at the Caballo Blanco many times. Would not stay anywhere else in Majahual. The owner makes everyone visiting there feel welcome and just like family. When I was there at Christmas she even invited me to share Christmas dinner with her family. The rooms are all beautiful and on par with the best hotels anywhere in North America. Great meals and snacks in her adjoining restaurant. Love, love, love it!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, Front hotel rooms face the beach so give you beautiful view and the ocean sound...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank margaret_krowiak
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is a nice, clean, quiet little place directly on the main street of Mahahual. Rooms are ample and clean, everything works and it is comfortable. The chicken nachos are a killer at the restaurant downstairs and my husband had a hamburger that was great. There is also a pharmacy attached downstairs run by the owners. Tina could not have been any more helpful or nice. If there is anything you need to know, she will help you with the particulars.

Room Tip: Beachside rooms are the best - in this case, the higher up the better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moodymolly
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The hotel and owner were so nice that I planned another trip to visit. The rooms are spacious and very clean. All the amenities you want - great air conditioning, cable TV, and room service if you want it. There are views from all the rooms but request the beachfront view if you can - from your private lounge chairs all you will see is palm trees and the beautiful water. Great beach too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple