This is a very nice hotel in the middle of a cruise-line town. First of all, if you want to rest in Mahahual, this place is perfect, but avoid the Cruise day's.
1. Hotel.- Only 16 rooms, clean, cozy, no pool, but you have God's pool infront of you, one little hot tub that is warm, not hot, and one restaurant.
2.- Rooms.- Nice room space, with a little small bed for two persons, desk, LCD tv with satellite, safety box and bathroom. One issue, the toilet didn't flush as it must flush......... (room 204) urgent maintenance!!!!!
Please choose the ocean view one, it's amazing to wake up and see that picture of the ocean.
3.-Beach.- Amazing, breath taking, clear, warm, excellent.
4.- Service.- mmmmmmmmmmmmm, sometime good, sometimes not too good. They need more training. Take them to any Playa del Carmen hotel for 1 month, and they will be trained...
5.- Food.- Very good, but you will have to wait like 30 minutes after you order, they only have one small kitchen, one chef rolling from Quinto Sole to Matan Ka Han to Blue Bay (the other hotels of the Koox family) and two cooks. It's not a cheap restaurant, but the food taste very good, any plate, but taste the pizza!!
If you have a meal plan, be aware, because not everything it's included. One "EPIC FAILl" was that we had a meal plan, and when my wife ordered another coffee, they ask for $20 pesos (above 2 us dlls), because the breakfast only included one............... Come On! It's only a coffee!!. One guy who used to work there told us "in Quinto sole they make a charge even if you order a glass of water" and he was right...... BAD, BAD, BAD. Not everything it's money guys, it's all about costumer..........
6.- Front desk.- Always excellent.
7.- Drinks.- Nice, original bottles, but expensive drinks. I don't know how much they ask for the cruise lines "open bar", but for their clients, the guests who are paying for a room, it's expensive to drink there, at some point at the cruise day I felt discriminated. I would recommed you to go to Chiquitas Bar and say Hi to Fernando from me....
8.- Massages.- Please take a massage with Landy, pleeeeeeeeease...........
My and my wife spended a wonferful time at Quinto Sole, nice people, nice hotel, with some bad issues that they have to work on if they want my 5 stars..... but yes, I would recommend this place for everyone, knowing my advises.
Don't take any taxi, they are expeeeeeeeeeeensive in Mahahual, if you can, take a bus or a van... If the bar beside the hotel is open, use some ear-plugs for sleep, they finish the party at 5 am (in 5 nights they only opened once, saturday)
Please tip, please tip, please tip, the waiters don't make too much money, if you feel that you recived a good service, tip.............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the excellent standards of service and comfort in the Koox Quinto Sole Boutique Hotel, right in front of the beach in the village of Mahahual. Located at the entrance to this paradise on the Costa Maya, Koox Quinto Sole Boutique Hotel has 16 rooms luxuriously equipped with everything you need for the most pleasant of stays in Mexico. And as if that weren't enough, the hotel also has an exclusive beach club, restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Koox Quinto Sole Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koox Quinto Sole Boutique Hotel Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya