Quinto Sole Hotel
Ko'ox El Hotelito Beach Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Posada Pachamama(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$39
  • Beachfront
Margarita del Sol(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
Koox Matan Ka'an Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
Porto Coral(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
US$84
US$82
Luna de Plata . Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$61
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunset view roomsolebalcony doorspoke no englishcruise shipbathroom floorbeach club next doorcontinental breakfastnice beachsafety boxthe hotel is cleanfacing the searooms are spaciousbeach chairstop floorpeace and quietbeach break
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is the stop for the ADO bus from Playa Del Carmen to Mahahual and the first thing that happened was the concierge named Raul called a taxi for me to take me to my hotel. He boasted that he was in charge of taxis, tours, etc. but then ripped me off for $180 pesos which I found out upon arrival at my hotel should have been $20 pesos. He represents Koox Quinto Sole and is a crook. You only get one chance to make a first impression and Koox Quinto Sole gets a big fat ZERO rating for having someone like Raul rip of tourists. I had previously considered their hotel for my return visit but no way would I have anything to do with a hotel which allows this. I urge you to seeks out other places in the area. Mahahual is lovely and I had 10 beautiful days in the region with only one bad experience and one rip off: Koox Quinto Sole. My rating for them is ZERO!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank lucyanne1
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed May 23-30 in an Ocean View Room. I traveled with my family. If you stay here, then you already know that it is a 4+ hour ride from the Cancun airport. Split the drive time up and stop in one of the towns along the way to stretch your legs, shop and eat authentic food. If you have to go to the restroom along the way, be prepared to pay 5 pesos for a few sheets of toilet paper and the use of the facility!

When we arrived at the hotel, we found that the rooms were ready. Our rooms were clean, the shower worked well, there was always plenty of hot water, AC worked, Satellite TV worked, and the food at the hotel was very good.

Most of the staff speak English and are very helpful. We got to know the staff and can't say enough about how friendly and helpful they were. I planned a special dinner for my daughter and son-in-law for their 1st Wedding Anniversary while we were there. I was more than satisfied with the attention to detail and how well they accommodated my request. The food was excellent!

We found that most of the shops were closed during the week. Even Senor Frogs right beside the hotel is closed. When the cruise ship arrived, everything opened up! We found other places to eat. Try the local bars because we found the food amazing. All are within walking distance. There are very few places to eat that are completely inside. Most of the places, including the hotel, will be sheltered, but open to the wind. We really enjoyed the food. We are foodies and loved trying the different dishes. The fish dishes at dinner are really good. I heard that the lobster pizza is delicious, but lobster was not in season while we were there. The menu was the same every day. We were able to try something different each night. If you want a little variety for breakfast, there is a bakery that we found just a short walk down the street. The hotel let us eat our baked goods in the dining room, but we added a breakfast fruit platter with American Coffee!

The Hotel beach property is cleaned every day to remove any seaweed that comes ashore with the tide. If you want to lay out in the sun, you can easily find an umbrella or a covered lounging area to relax. The staff will check on you to see if you need a drink. There is a constant breeze, so you rarely become super hot. You will see why they named the area Mahahual (Mayan for Strong Wind). Take plenty of sun screen because you will get sun while sitting under the umbrellas! If you get too much sun, you may get a chill while eating in the dinning room since the hotel is open front to back with no doors- the wind blows right through the middle of the hotel.

There is snorkeling in front of the hotel. You can rent the gear from the local beach hut rentals for about $25.00 US. A boat ride can be taken to other locations for snorkeling. We did that and saw sea turtles and larger fish - larger than what we saw in front of the hotel. The fish are really pretty. Wave Runners (jet skis) can be rented but I found the price a little more than I wanted to spend. My daughter and her husband rented the wave runners a couple of times during the week. If you want something more relaxing, then you can have a massage on the beach.

You can walk towards the cruise port on the main street and see the lighthouse. You can't go in it, but you will be a the base. Taxi rides from the hotel to the other end towards the town are only a couple of dollars for 3 people- it is only a few blocks, but we were getting tired of walking in the sun!

We had a great week! We didn't have to worry about busy tourists since this is the off season. Maybe one day I will go back for another visit. If so, I would definitely stay at Quinto Sole Hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Ocean view since the balcony of your room overlooks the ocean. The sun rises early and you can witness the small fishing town coming to life.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
KooxHotels, E-Business Manager at Quinto Sole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear friends,

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful review of your week at Ko'ox Quinto Sole Boutique Hotel. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your days with us, and our facilities, food, services, the beautiful beach, the snorkel and sorroundings, etc.
We want to thank your daughter and husband for chosen our hotel for their 1st Wedding Aniversity Celebration. We really appreciate it.

Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you very soon!

Best regards!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We purchased a day visitor trip for this hotel. I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised! We took the local bus from the cruise port- it's the first stop and included in your "package price" (make your best deal). We had to catch our own Taxi back to the port- but it was very easy -2 US $ per person, plus tip. The Taxi stand it right outside the hotel.
Our package included drinks and one plate of food. The hotel is nice, service from Rosie was exceptional. Julie took care of setting us up and showing us around. We recieved whatever we wanted for beveages- frozen drinks, Crorona-in a cup, Bottled water, Coke. Vendors were there on the beach, but very pleasant and I did purchase a few items, it was nice to have them come to me. Our lunch was very good, however, the Burrito was advertised as coming with Fries, but did not come with any. This food was served on china plates with real silverware. The Restroom was very clean and in good repair.

Room Tip: There is a Senior Frog's right next door and shopping close too! Take plenty of cash as there are no ATMs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melynny
KooxHotels, E-Business Manager at Quinto Sole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your review of your Day Visitor at Ko'ox Quinto Sole Boutique Hotel. We appreciate your comments and we are happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities!!!

Thanks a lot for chosen us and we look forward to welcome you very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

First of all I Loved walking up to the reception desk to check in and the beautiful view of the ocean being the first thing I see, breathtaking! The hotel is kept very clean and chic. Our room was a sunset view room, which I still felt was a awesome jungle view. The staff was very friendly and our room was kept very nice.
A couple of things to have a heads up on. Language is a problem. We had only one girl in the evening that spoke good English and our Spanish is un pocco. So being able to communicate was a problem. I would also suggest not eating there, which I hate to say anything negative about this place but there are just so many other better places to eat in Mahahual. Also a heads up on the standard rooms, we were not fully aware that we were not getting double beds. We however made the best of it and pushed the two twins together and was fine.
This is the only real negative thing I have to say. The reception desk is not open all the time, like we are accustom to. On our check in we were given a tv remote, a ac remote, one door key, and two towel tickets. We had to leave at five and since we assumed no one would be at the reception we left everything in our room. Problem was when we went to leave the janitor, who spoke NO English, threatened to call the policia on us if we did not return everything but could not understand we left it in the room. After causing everyone a lot of frustration we managed to get him to understand and he let us in the room. We also had a problem with the towel tix. DO NOT lose those or let the reception keep them when you go to take a towel! Luckily our janitor guy let us just give him our beach towels and pointed to the fact that if we did not return the tix it was 25$ each. Still waiting to see if we get charged, so far so good:)

I loved this little town, it was almost magical in how beautiful and down to earth it was. The few things that were a problem are not worth writing this town or hotel off, they are just things to be aware of. Everyone is so kind and even with the language barrier try to be accommodating.

Room Tip: Pay attention to what kind of bed your getting and if it's important to you a ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple