“1st Ocean dive and it couldn't have been better” 5 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Arcadia, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st Ocean dive and it couldn't have been better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Been diving with Jorge twice and they were some of the most memorable EVER. I look forward to diving with him again in the near future.

He took really good care of my son and I. It was our first dive since getting certified, and he took really good care on my son and I. We saw lobster, stingray, numerous turtles, trumpet fish, lion fish, morays, just to name a few. It was like diving into a national geographic magazine. I had to remind myself to keep BREATHING.

The next year, I booked with him again. The seas were pretty rough so we didn't go out until about lunch. The seas died, and we got our 2 tank dive in. When I got back to the ship, I found out the cruise sponsored dive excursion had cancelled due to the rough seas. Jorge really looked out for me that day and provided another excellent dive.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank sparky923

Jacksonville, IL
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“GREAT DIVES in Mahahual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We just dove with Jorge last week and it was a very enjoyable experience! His shop is very organized and clean, his equipment in tip top shape (I always worry about the quality and reliability when renting) and his experience is unbeatable! He speaks very good English, also. We dove not far from the town of Mahahual two times. The first dive, I can't remember the name but it meant "Two Eyes" and the second dive was on the top of the reef but you could see the drop off and it was very interesting. You could see the big fish right down below you. I will definitely go with Jorge again. The boat was nice, also. He would be a good dive master for someone that hadn't dove for awhile, also.

2 Thank moodymolly
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good dive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had a very nice dive experience with this shop. We did a two tank dive with very impressive coral and fish. The dive master was very helpful and knowledgable and professional. Give them a chance if you are stopping in on a cruise.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sobiedaddies
Venice, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We arrived by cruise ship but generally detest the cruise ship excursions with lots of people. Arrived in the port and took a shuttle into town. The water was so gorgeous and since we are both certified divers wanted to go diving. We saw the sign for Bucaneros del Caribe and walked through the entry way (it's in courtyard) and started talking to Jorge. He had time in the AM and agreed to take us out for a one tank dive. His boat is parked right on the beach across from the dive shop. His equipment (mask, fins, BC etc) was very comfortable and up to date. He made us feel at ease, was safety oriented and took us on an amazing dive to 70 ft through some canyons. I would love to go back and do more dives in other locations with him. Highly recommend Jorge for a professional, safe and AMAZING dive experience.

After this walked to the Tropicante for some beer on the beach. A good day, indeed.

Visited November 2011