“Fantastic diving at an affordable price!”

Doctor Dive Costa Maya
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Doctor Dive Costa Maya!The best scuba diving club in Costa Maya (Mahahual)! Make no mistake, this is not a "paper club" like many others. We dive, and we dive a lot! We dive from boat and travel off spots together.A recent study revealed that this area is one of the place in the world where has more marine species. One of the great attractions of diving around Costa Maya is its abundant marine life. Climatic and sea conditions are particularly favorable to allow that diving activities are conducted safely and always fun, for 12 months a year.The particular characteristics of the coast and the underwater scenery of Costa Maya offer the possibility to make spectacular dives at altitudes between -15 and -60 meters, within a 10 minute boat planing.If you're not exploring carribean underwater, you're missing half the show.We have one simple philosophy, that is to teach and guide divers through close guidance and provide the opportunities to get out and dive!Our equipment and our qualified and experienced teachers offers a multitude of choices for diving in the spots of the coast for both beginners and experienced divers.We offer the full range of PADI courses, from Open Water to Dive Master: all our courses are individually tailored. We don't do big groups or mass courses like most other dive schools. Our enthusiasm and caring approach is to teach our passion by experienced PADI Dive Instructors. Our crew come from professional teaching and coaching backgrounds.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our family had a wonderful day at the Yaya beach club and Megan and Walter enjoyed their dive with Sam, the owner. Megan is 15 and new to SCUBA, and she had a blast! They were the only divers on the trip and had lots of attention from Sam and his crew. They even gave my daughter some bananas because she'd missed breakfast, and there was plenty of water. Dr. Dive carried the gear onto the boat for them which doesn't always happen with dive operators. Friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and gorgeous! What an incredible day well spent at this fabulous location with such a great operation. Highly recommended! And if your family members aren't divers, they can relax at the beautiful FREE beach club and enjoy snorkeling, swimming, and laying in the sun while they watch your dive boat from the shore.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Dived with doctor dive during a few days staying in Mahahual. Really good centre. Our Divemaster - Sam - was excellent. Very thorough pre dive briefing, very attentive during the dive itself. We could not get out to banco chinchorro due to having too few divers to make the trip worth while - but the reef close by to mahahaul made for some interesting diving. Definitely worth a look of you re in the area.

If the guys have some fresh lionfish going spare then you might be lucky enough to get a ceviche made up for you once you re done. Recommended with a couple of cold beers in the neighbouring yaya bar.

Good outfit. Very safe, excellent Divemasters and instruction . Would recommend to anyone going to mahahual :-)

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I had a two tank dive with these guys and they were friendly and professional. The diving was great too, I have only been diving in Indonesia before so I didn't think it would come close, but I was surprised, two great dives at very reasonable prices.

2  Thank DavidN1986
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I dove with these guys for 4 days (8 tanks) during my 2 week stay in Mahahual. They are experienced, profssional, rigorous and cool, all that at the same time! Their equipment is well maintained and in perfect conditions. Lion fishes (a pest in those waters) can be afraid of them since they are very good spear fishermen. If you visit them, they will certainly offer you a lion fish ceviche: very good! On a dozen dive shops I have seen aroound the world, this is the best so far.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

I was in a Disney Cruise and had booked to dive in Costa Maya. I'm an Advanced/Rescue diver and I was very frustrated to learn their operator wouldn't let me dive because the last dive l had logged was 4 years ago, even after I told them I did dive last year. I was really not happy about that and when we disembarked I got into a taxi to look for another diving centre. I'm so lucky the driver took me to Doctor Dive!!! Sam was super nice. We've done a quick but extremely professional refresher course, first dive in shallow waters for the exercices, then a wonderful 45-minute dive with turtles, lobster, lionfish, eel, and big schools. I had a first-class, personalized service, way better than diving with the big groups organized by the cruise ships. I strongly recommend these guys.