“To spend the day”

Almaplena Eco Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mahahual
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I wanted to spend a day in Mahahual with my wife, we choose Almaplena. I contacted Monica, the owner and she replied right away with clear information and driving directions. Unfortunately the day was windy, but all in all we enjoyed the day, the place has a nice beach, Monica stopped to say hi and welcome to us, and explained us about this interesting eco-project. Claudio the waiter and barman was up to the challenge for every cocktail we asked for, also very attentive to our needs. If you plan to visit the area, email them in advance or just stop by, to enjoy this quiet, ecological yet well equipped hotel. We hadn't the chance to sleepover just enjoyed the beach club. I hope we can stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: E mail them in advance, specially if you are not familiar with the area. All rooms are well maintain...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Selfevolving

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This resort is so beautiful. It is away from the busyness, quiet, and breathtaking. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We will definitely come back here some day. It is truly heaven on earth. The food was delicious as well. Thanks for a wonderful time Monica and Andrea (and baby sofia:).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I spent an amazing day at the Almaplena! on February 6th while on a cruise.The photos posted are accurate, it is a beautiful secluded spot.The facilities were clean and the service was excellent. The intrepid owners Monica and Andrea were welcoming hosts, who made our day In Costa Maya flawless. We will be back again...although I wish I could keep this one a secret.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin Z
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I were there for only six hours off a cruise ship, docked some 20 miles away.
We found this place on the internet.
It was breathtakingly spectacular. Perfect weather, some of the sandiest beach you ever saw.
This young Italian couple, Andrea and Monica, and their daughter built this place from scratch about 3 or 4 years ago.
Secluded, Very quiet. Lovely. The hosts were gracious, curious, talkative, etc.
If you like the beach and can't ever seem to find a really quiet spot, this was it.
They served us lunch without a menu (it was very, very good).
We left wishing we could have stayed a few nights.

2  Thank Norwood49
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I visited with my husband and our friends in January 2014 and we were delighted to enjoy the secluded resort. The weather was not great and we were not able to enjoy the ocean but we spent the day relaxing. There are comfy beach chairs and hammocks. There were very few people on the beach (I counted 10 including us).

The beach is kept clean and free of seaweed unlike the neighboring beaches.

Monica and her family were very gracious and the staff was friendly! The food was delicious and plentiful. Monica made sure to see us off when we left and made sure that our day was enjoyable.

I would return to Almaplena if we ever get back to Costa Maya and I would recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing, even romantic, beach day.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Rooms and hotel are extremely beautiful, a very private and peaceful place. The beach is lovely and the view is amazing. Andrea and Monica (owners) are excellent friendly hosts. It's a magical place, perfect to fall in love...

1  Thank Diego V
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stopped at this wonderful place for lunch on my way back from Xcalak. The setting is glorious, and the owners were very friendly and personable when orienting me to the hotel. They welcomed my use the beach chairs after I snorkeled on the reef. Lunch of shrimp tacos was delicious and reasonable.This is a beautiful spot to "leave it all behind."

Room Tip: I did not view the rooms, but the layout is well thought out. It appears that all the rooms face the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo